Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Water..oil Dripping

read

This is becoming a nightmare, now there is water dripping from the from of my RAV....in several places. and further back to the left as you look under from the front of it looks like oil.....

And it's not starting very well.. it's misfiring trying to start, it takes several turns of the key.....once started it's ok for the rest of the day unless it a cold start.....

The dealer is dragging their feet and not returning my calls...

the list of faults is getting longer.

I took it to Toyota

never seen it so busy in there, they had lots of cars back on recall and cant fit me in yet.

They offer a great service fault diagnosis free of charge with no appointment needed but that's has changed since they looked after my Celica....

that's it for today

You now have three threads going all of which revolve around the same subject namely the head gasket on your car... All threads have minimal information and its now just so confusing I imagine many have given up trying to unfathom out ?

If your car has had the head gasket replaced then just take it back ! I cant see what else you can do ? If they are not returning your calls go into the garage an kick up a stink !

Back in the days of capital punishment, they had not invented bunjee cords for hanging.....that is what you have given this dealer, read min....return it and start ball rolling for full refund....will not be easy, lose not the head, but your car is GUBBERED, MATE.

I agree I would reject the car without going into further dialogue with the seller !! But then I would have rejected it on day 1......

Yup, you've given them plenty of opprtunity to correct things. It is clearly 'not of merchantable quality' or even 'fit for purpose'. Write to them politely and tell them you are rejecting the car. Keep everything factual and also keep copies and a written record of what you/they have done.

yes I have rejected the rav now

and they told me to p-ss off.......it feels a bit threatening now my wife is very worried and wants to forget it and let it go;

and he said had to spend some money on the car that I px-ed with him and he will be happy to talk to the trading standards. for ripping him off, my car was fine by the way he wouldn't take it until he had run a full diagnostics test on it; which was all clear..

I pointed out to him the Rav had 4 problems

head gasket...which does seem to be ok now...

very poor cold starting

no heater.

dodgy service record

, I cant be 100% sure but the trade add said 98K miles this was Jan 2013. but in the service book the milage says on 07 11 12 the rav had already done 102900k

I'm going to contact Auto trader and hope they archive their trade adds for a while, then go from there.

I'm sorry that I might seem a pain to you guys..just keeping updated cheers

yes I have rejected the rav now

and they told me to p-ss off.......it feels a bit threatening now my wife is very worried and wants to forget it and let it go;

and he said had to spend some money on the car that I px-ed with him and he will be happy to talk to the trading standards. for ripping him off, my car was fine by the way he wouldn't take it until he had run a full diagnostics test on it; which was all clear..

I pointed out to him the Rav had 4 problems

head gasket...which does seem to be ok now...

very poor cold starting

no heater.

dodgy service record

, I cant be 100% sure but the trade add said 98K miles this was Jan 2013. but in the service book the milage says on 07 11 12 the rav had already done 102900k

I'm going to contact Auto trader and hope they archive their trade adds for a while, then go from there.

I'm sorry that I might seem a pain to you guys..just keeping updated cheers

So a TRADER is going to report an INDIVIDUAL for ripping off a TRADER, to Trading Standards......ah love it !!!! He ran all clear dagnostics too !!!

Aye Read.....you are a pain in the bum.....to him, and must continue to be so......he sold you a shile of pite, and should pay accordfully.

Big Kev

Rejecting a car is not easy, you have to follow a set procedure and this can be troublesome, particularly if the trader does not want to play ball. The priority is to get everything in writing, make a list of the faults. Write to the owner of the garage listing the faults, what you want done about them, and a realistic timeframe to complete (say 28 days) This all needs to be done ASAP as after 6 months, the likelyhood of being able to reject the car dimishes by the day. If repairs cannot be completed within the timeframe, or to your satisfaction, then getting an independant inspection (AA, RAC etc) should be sought. You could ask the trader to pay for this, a decent garage would, but as your trader seems unhelpful, you should organise this yourself. Once you have the outcome, you can then start to reject the car. It will take time and you will probably need legal help with a solicitor or trading standards or both, you may be able to claim back your inspection and legal fees,. but don't hold your breath, rogue traders are not in the habit of making things easy, but the law is on your side, it just doesnt always seem that way

Kingo :thumbsup:

Your not a pain at all Mate.. We only do our best to help ! I would throw the anchor (Rymes with) through his showroom window but then I'm a little more hands on than some..

Its almost laughable that a trader who has sold a non fit for purpose vehicle is going to report you to Trading standards ..

Trading Standards are far too busy to be interested in what a car dealer has to say about one of his customers, sorry but he is just talking BS, they would shut the door in his face before he could get going

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links