Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Diagnostics

mombosapan

Hi gang, I wonder if anyone knows an answer to my puzzle,

I have a 1998, 2000 petrol 4 door rav (4wd) and according to my workshop manual (Haynes), it has OBD 2 technology, making it possible to couple to a diagnostic analysis machine, but i cannot locate the 16-pin connection port on my vehicle, My manual shows it under the steering wheel to one side, but that is showing a Left hand drive version.

After much searching and obviously searching both sides of the vehicle, i still havent located it !!!

I have also remaved the ash tray as some vehicles hide it behind there,also i removed both side kick panels, and the panels adjoining the centre console, still no sign of a socket, which makes me think it doesnt posess one, yet my manual says it does, it even offers a section of information regarding the use of it.

I really would like to find it as i have a scanning machine which i can deploy when needed, Please Help If Poss

They usually have a little plug in the engine bay with "DIAGNOSTICS" written on it. From this you can get the flash codes. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't get OBDII on a 1998 motor.

Cheers Anchorman, I have a socket under the bonnet, marked " DIAGNOSTIC", all well and good, but i dunna have owt that will connect to that, and as i say my manual clearly states that all models from 1994 onwards are equipped with OBDII. But it looks like you're right, and its just wishfull on my part, (would've made it nice 'n' cheap to look after !!) Thanx for your promt attention matey

P.S. not had the rav very long yet and got a lot to find out about, also im actualy a Derbyshire lad meself too, Glossop origionally, i go up there each weekend to visit folks, and boy what a treasure the Rav has been in the recent weather ! Thanx again pal. :cowboy:

Fetch it to Chapel and I'll show you how to read the codes.

Yep i like the sound of this ! but im affraid it will be next Sunday (24th) when im in glossop again, as i only just got in and read your reply.

Is Sunday afternoon possible for you, or if not don't worry it really isn't an issue at all, it just would be very handy, me being a cheapskate that likes depriving garages of my hardearned if you like !!

And i can sup tae till it comes outa me good ear too !

I'm fairly sure the info in Anchs' favourite bedtime reading is wrong. The OBD II connector is a mirror image of what is shown in the manual. ie just left of the bonnet pull under the dash. A 1998 model won't have one and doesn't the specs say it has to be within a certain distance of the steering column.

And fill you so full of tea, you will glug going round corners :)

Gus

Nowt wrong with big pot of tea.....................and pie :eat:

I'm fairly sure the info in Anchs' favourite bedtime reading is wrong. The OBD II connector is a mirror image of what is shown in the manual. ie just left of the bonnet pull under the dash. A 1998 model won't have one and doesn't the specs say it has to be within a certain distance of the steering column.

I thought I said it won't have one???

Hi, i got the 16 pin socket to hook up to the obd lead for the diag socket under the bonnet a while back, havent tried it yet but will it work with an obd prog or do i need another type?

thanks in advance for any help

regards kev

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links