Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Damaged Gen 7 - Advice - Help!

CelicaTSport52

Hi all,

I haven't posted here in a while and need some advice on what to do with my car!

The chassis is bent at the front and requires a jig to fix the damage. Unfortunately I do not have a local garage which can repair the damage at low cost. The car is worth about £2700 and requires about a weeks worth of work to get the metal work back to the original shape. The parts were going to cost around £500-600 including paint with labour. The splitter, radiator and air con grill are all irrepariable and the bonnet is slightly bent at the front. The air bags both went off (£30 each) and the windscreen is cracked.

Since I do not own spare car parts, have a local garage nearby which has a jig to repair at low cost and I am not a body worker I decided that it is better in my case to opt for a new car and get rid of this one somehow. The engine still works and has ~ 95k on the clock (T sport engine). The guy who took a look at it said the gearbox has some pressure placed on it but all works fine, likely intact.

What I am wondering is:

a) Does anyone want to buy the car for spare parts?

B) Would I be better off selling the car off for spare parts or as one whole item?

c) How much is it worth!? My guess is ~ £1000

d) Does anyone mind coming to take a look at it?

e) Anyone know of a place in the Ipswich area that does this type of work for a good price?

The tyres have decent tread left and have T Sport alloys. The engine still works. The interior is all in good condition. The body work is in good shape (minus the front and slight bonnet damage). The Battery needs a good charging before it loses it's life!

Thanks for reading. I need to do something about it as it is just sitting in my drive so the quicker the better!

Unless you want to go through the hassle of stripping the car and trying to sell the parts yourself, I think it would be better to sell the TS as a whole. Corporate member "AMS" over on celica-club.co.uk will be the person to contact. I have met him personally, and he can be trusted to offer you a fair price.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links