Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spring Clean Soon!

sniper9652

Going to start a little spring clean of the Rav tomorrow and one of the many little jobs on the list is the removel and re-spray (matt black) of my windscreen wiper arms! Now I am jumping in a bit hear without even looking (as its dark) but are they simple to remove? Hope its not a daft question as I know people have more important issues on the go at the moment?

TIA, Steve

I can't help you with the wipers, but I think the sunshine over the last two days may have got to you as it did to me :) I was contemplating polishing the Rav yesterday, then heard the radio, more snow, possibly this week :(

Gus

Lift the caps off and undo the nuts. Make a mental note of where they are as they are mounted on a fine spline and can go back a tooth out quite easily (you can stick some masking tape to the screen. Get hold of the arm firmly near to where they fold up at the pivot and push them in and pull them back and forth which will loosen them on the spline. It might be easier to lift them off in the folded position and you might have to juggle between under the bonnet and over. Be careful as they are finger trappers and if they flirt open and belt the screen they will crack it.

.......and vaseline the splines a wee bit in prep for the rust returning, and you give in and buy new wans.....!!!

Sounds like the voice of experience big boy......

Ford Fiesta wiper arms.....sprayed with Hammerite....waste of time so replaced them.

Sounds like the voice of experience big boy......

Ford Fiesta wiper arms.....sprayed with Hammerite....waste of time so replaced them.

Probably more economic to have just replaced the Fiesta.... :laughing:

Back to the spring clean, I have just bough some meguire's quick interior detailer. It is superb and doesn't leave any shine whatsoever. It just brings back the original matt finish.