Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Invite?

Paulus17

Well we have just had the invite from Toyota to go and test drive the new Rav before it goes on sale,and a £1000 finance deposit allowance.

Think we will go along and have a test just to see what its like,it do look nice though looking at the brochure :driving:

let us know how you get on mate :)

I had the new Rav4 invite come through last week, But to me it's becoming to look like an estate car. Don't think i'll bother, :disgust:

Time to bring back a full size spare wheel on the rear door!! :D

Nae need to spoil back door, Lee.....go see the underfloor space.......will take spare no bother, even upto 18".

Paul.....decline invite.....you will trade wife into slavery and come back with one.......saw what I presume to be an Invincible in Decuma Grey........deffo my mind is on the change, but wife says too big for her to drive. Dashboard still jury out.....

Just phoned the local dealer and they have one in the showroom now and are having the Invinceable model arrive tomorrow.

I explained that we would just be looking,as we are over by the showroom tomorrow so didn't want the hard sell and all was fine,and We can have a drive tomorrow.No harm in having a gander ;)

The spare wheel is an optional extra for the UK.

The wheel on the back was the only thing Mrs P didn't like about the Rav but she has got used to it now but she also likes the look of the Rav without it,so having the new tailgate as well wil be a bonus for her i should think.

One for the future.

Nae need to spoil back door, Lee.....go see the underfloor space.......will take spare no bother, even upto 18".

Paul.....decline invite.....you will trade wife into slavery and come back with one.......saw what I presume to be an Invincible in Decuma Grey........deffo my mind is on the change, but wife says too big for her to drive. Dashboard still jury out.....

Kev-i did ask the boss first and she said yes,she will be trading me in i think :crybaby:

+1

Mike D

Definitely a personal preference but I'm sure there are others that preferred the look of the previous RAV4's with the spare wheel on the back. If I were to change vehicle I would stick with the Rav4 as it is great but would go to a 4.3 WITH A SPARE ON THE BACK!!

This could be the solution though....

post-105906-0-81271400-1361278151.jpg

After all it's a "Recreational Active Vehicle with 4WD" at heart!!

It's not going to get a spare on the back door...........not with that electric up and over door, imagine the extra weight :D:

I'm imagining an upgraded mechanism!?! LOL

Something like the winding wheel of a coal colliery? LOL

Yes they are ... I got my 'invite' via a 'phone call yesterday evening. My local dealer has a car in the showroom now and expects a demonstrator before the end of the week. I'm going in for an MoT next week so will take the opportunity to "kick the tyres" then ...

I also notice that the Configurator is now working on the website and that one can download the eBrochure. From which it appears that all models now come with a Tyre Pressure Warning System. I wonder if this is the same as the original TPMS fitted alongside the runflats, and whether everyone will now need to 'snip the pink wire' when fitting winter tyres. Does anybody know?

Yes they are ... I got my 'invite' via a 'phone call yesterday evening. My local dealer has a car in the showroom now and expects a demonstrator before the end of the week. I'm going in for an MoT next week so will take the opportunity to "kick the tyres" then ...

I also notice that the Configurator is now working on the website and that one can download the eBrochure. From which it appears that all models now come with a Tyre Pressure Warning System. I wonder if this is the same as the original TPMS fitted alongside the runflats, and whether everyone will now need to 'snip the pink wire' when fitting winter tyres. Does anybody know?

Early days for that one, mate........

All new design vehicles in the EU are now required to have TPMS. By the time you get to 2015, it will be an MOT failure if it's not working. I expect they will expect to see any warning lamp coming up and going out @ ignition on otherwise it will be a fail. Snipping wire a good idea?

Don't believe runflats are required to be fitted under this.

True, but this time I want to know before I've bought it and driven it home ... ;)

I had a play with one on Sunday. They look estate like because they are 250mm (10 inches) longer so it has a stretched look. I think they may be slightly lower but the top model has roof bars which jack it up a bit. Fit and finish seem quite good but I would need a drive to sus out the ambiance. The switches are still not illuminated when Honda have done so on the CRV. There is a lot of insulation under the bonnet and on the bulkhead so it might be a lot quieter. There is acres of leg room in the back and even after sliding the drivers seat right back (which is much further than the 4.3) so good news for lanks front and rear. Even on the Invincible, satnav is another £750 which is a mean way of getting more money (these are just the ways to send people to Honda Mr T so snap out of it).

As for that dash.....

.......well it looks quite high quality and I like the soft stitched leather and the carbon bits but I don't know, it looks a bit angular somehow. At the moment I am sat next to BK on the fence.

One thing I would say to potential buyers. The spacesaver is standard from July according to an email from Mr T. For anyone thinking of ordering, I would tell them I wanted the kit retrofitting or a discount to the price of a retrofit.

And no, it won't fit a full size spare, at least not with the boot liner fitted and even if you took a stanley knife to it I doubt it would either.

Ref TPMS ... There are two systems around - one that uses sensors in the wheels and another one, used by BMW I think (?) that uses no sensors but is based around rotational speed of wheels, on the basis that one tyre rotating faster then the others wil be running at a lower pressure.

I guess if the second type is fitted, then no probs with swapping between different wheel sets, but if sensors are used (most likely I would think), not sure how that will impact the warning - could be VERY annoying to have a flashing warning for half the year :(

I'll be having a look at the new RAV in March probably when I take my own one in to have the Premium Steps inspected with a view to replacement (indication from Dealer is that they will swap them no probs as they have had a number of complaints).

I have no intention of part-ex though unless they are swapping at zero cost :)

Western Toyota in Edinburger have one in and I've had my invite. Time to go play.

I may have expressed significant interest as I now drive an 'old car with high mileage'.

Looking forward to a play...

Well we went along earlier to have a look at the new Rav and blimey its big :eek: but what a lovely looking motor it is,inside and out..

They had the Invincible model on show,the demo one hadn't arrived yet so didn't get a chance to have a drive.

Love the interior including the dashboard, the padded leather was nice and was the colour we would have chosen,the black and dark grey style.

The tailgate is a lot betterup and out the way,but as as been said it is more car like and we was surprised how much more different it did feel like and look like a normal car.

Only downside for us, from just having a look,was the size of it.Mrs P isn't so keen now and it won't fit in our garage.

There was a 2012 Rav parked on the forecourt just outside and we could compare the two and in the end we still both decided we like the old Rav.

So i think if we are ever in a position to have another Rav it will be the older style 2012 version.

thrown my invite in the bin , just another overblown estate car . i'll see what they replace the UC with i think, hopefully something a bit more interesting.

thrown my invite in the bin , just another overblown estate car . i'll see what they replace the UC with i think, hopefully something a bit more interesting.

The car has lost its identity well for me it has though quite how an Urbancruiser can figure as a replacement for the Rav4 I'm unsure