Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Want To Clean Egr Valve On My 59 Reg Verso 2.0Ltr D-4D

biggun

hi guy's, I would like to clean my egr valve on my 59 reg verso 2.0 lte D-4D, could anybody out there put me strait on whether i will need new gaskets and also if they know of any pitfalls i'm likely to encounter. I have seen the other guy,s postings about cleaning their's and looked at the picture's but my egr is not the same type as it seem's to have two small pipes going to it aswell as the exhaust recurculating pipe. So if anyone can help i would be extremely thankful. Again many thanks.

i personally think if a gasket has been split apart then a new one should go on

The EGR fitted to your Verso is the latest design in use by Toyota and a massive improvement over the set up you have been looking at on here, Toyota started using it when they revised the AD diesel engine in late 2009 . TBH I have not seen one needing any attention or even cleaning for any reason other than damage caused by people opening them up to try and clean them.

If you really want to clean it do it dry and when the engine is cold, don't use chemical cleaners as this was the cause of both failures I have seen and Toyota specify that no chemical are squirted into valve workings, the gaskets if in good order can be reused, the two extra pipes are coolant in/out pipes as the later EGR is water cooled.

Devon

Thanks for that Devon Aygo i won't touch it. The only reason i thought of cleaning it is that the fuel consumption has gone down on the car from around 52mpg to 46 mpg on a mixed run of motorway and normal roads over the last 6 months. Has anybody got any idea's why. I am still driving like my old grannie did? Ha Ha! Many thanks for all the help in steering the right way.

. Has anybody got any idea's why. I am still driving like my old grannie did? Ha Ha! Many thanks for all the help in steering the right way.

Probably the time of year-the ambient temperature drop, this does see average MPG drop,

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks for that KINGO I was thinking that the temp might have something to do with it but didn't want to influence anyone's answers. I'll be patient and wait till the sunshine come's and then do a full tank to full tank trial. Any idea what I can expect from the car under combined running when its warmer weather? Bearing in mind my old grannie driving style. And the occasional italian tune up to blow the cobweb's away.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links