Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bluetooth Phone System

MegaZak

I bought an 06 model RAV4 last October and I have only just discovered it has a bluetooth phone module incorporated in the audio system. I say only just discovered because this feature was not advertised when I bought the car (not from a Toyota dealer I should add) and there is no mention of it in the owner's handbook. It seems bluetooth is a standard feature with the Toyota navigation system but I don't have this so can only assume it was a factory fitted extra. Having said that, cars with this navigation system have phone controls on the steering wheel which I don't have so perhaps mine operates differently, I don't know.

I popped down to my local Toyota main dealer this morning thinking there may be a separate instruction sheet for this module but there isn't. All they did was refer me to the owner's manual which was pointless icon_rolleyes.gif

I have tried searching for information on the net but can't find anything. Does anybody else have a RAV4 with this module in who could perhaps tell me how to work the darn thing. I'm mainly after the voice commands needed to operate it.

Thanks icon_e_biggrin.gif

Hello Keith, which version is your RAV and what makes you think it has the bluetooth module? What is the code number on the front of the audio unit?

All the above will guide potential advisers.

I think that one is for cars with steering wheel control Don, the OP has no SWC

What makes you think it has BT?

If you PM me the registration number I will see what I can find out about it for you

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks for all your posts and especially to Dan for posting that link. That looks like just what I need and I am printing off to check it out.

Sorry for the confusion Kingo but I do have a SWC for the radio. It was the SWC for the nav system (which I believe operates the phone on those models) which I don't have. I mentioned that because the only mention of phone controls in the RAV4 owners manual I have tells me to consult the separate navigation system owners manual. Confusing or what!

Really disappointed though that my local Toyota dealer didn't know of the existance of the bluetooth manual. My first contact with them and not impressed!

No its the one that works off the steering wheel controls Kingo - he has no key pad.

You may find it a wee bit protracted to start with, Keith, but once used to it, I found it one of the clearest hands free systems ever used. There is also a voice training/recognition mode which I furrily recommend......my Scottish accent was found to be quite foreign at first (shurrit......)

my Scottish accent was found to be quite foreign at first (shurrit......)

Really? :D: :D: :D:

JUST REMEMBERED THE FIRST STEP, KEITH....'scuse capitals.

Press and hold middle white button, until prompted for an instruction, one of which will be "PAIR DEVICE."

Have your phone ready to search for a bluetooth device, and surprisingly you say....."Pair Device"

It sometimes takes one or two goes to finally recognise your phone, but it will evntually....good luck.

Thanks again all for your help and advice. Going to spend the afternoon sat in the beast (as my wife has affectionately nicknamed it) and go through the manual. Wish me luck lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links