Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Economy On A D4D 2.0 Verso

ricardo1000

Just purchased a ex-demo diesel verso 2.0, it's 1.5 years old with 8k on the clock. Fuel economy seems low at 40mpg. Wondering whether the diesel particle filter is saturated due to the low mileage, Toyota claim 53mpg but it looks unreachable. What are people getting? Upgraded from an Aygo so a bit of a change in fuel costs!

50-60mpg, 2.0d excellent engines, lovely cars :thumbsup:

Mine doesn`t have a DPF

Agree with Dave. 40 mpg sounds very low. Even in winter, I still normally get around 50mpg. Up to 54ish in summer.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, completed about 500 miles now after resetting the average mpg meter, now managing 46mpg on a 16 mile run from cold on B roads upto 60mph so I think it's about right. The car seems to take ages to warm up compared with my old Aygo but I assume it's related to the cars volume. Nice car though!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2.2 d4d 2008 model and I only get between 35 and 39mpg whether it's cold or not - this is driving to and from work on A road for 12 miles each way. On motorways I would get 40+ mpg. So is this good or bad?? the car gets serviced every year.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2ltr 62 reg verso and I'm only getting an average of 36 mpg but I always get my fuel from the same place so I'm going to change brands and see what happens .

• 1 month later...

I have a 2ltr 62 reg verso and I'm only getting an average of 36 mpg but I always get my fuel from the same place so I'm going to change brands and see what happens .

Even I am having similar problem. Did you see any improvements after changing the gas station please?

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2.2 d4d 2008 model and I only get between 35 and 39mpg whether it's cold or not - this is driving to and from work on A road for 12 miles each way. On motorways I would get 40+ mpg. So is this good or bad?? the car gets serviced every year.

I'm getting around 46 mpg from my 2.2 D-4D (58 plate). That's with a mixture of motorway, A-road and B-road driving - though not many short trips (less than a few miles). If I could only get rid of the poor gear change from 1st to 2nd I'd be a happy bunny! :D

• 4 weeks later...

50-60mpg, 2.0d excellent engines, lovely cars thumbsup.gif

Mine doesn`t have a DPF

I have just purchased a 62 reg 2.0 d4d TR with 12.5k on clock, how do I know if it has the DPF?? Trip computer is saying between 39-42 mpg not yet got the average above 42, yet everywhere I look on net say late 40's and early 50's, I am doing mainly 10 mile trips which consist of A roads in 6th at 60mph, any tips guys?? Or is there something wrong which I can go back to the dealer and quote needs looking at??? I luv the car but was hoping on more than 42mpg! checked tyres and there all as per book!

Yours definately will have a DPF my 10 plate model was the last without.

MPG ? if you use the instant readout instead of the average mpg you might see where your using more than you should. ;)

50-60mpg, 2.0d excellent engines, lovely cars thumbsup.gif

Mine doesn`t have a DPF

I have just purchased a 62 reg 2.0 d4d TR with 12.5k on clock, how do I know if it has the DPF?? Trip computer is saying between 39-42 mpg not yet got the average above 42, yet everywhere I look on net say late 40's and early 50's, I am doing mainly 10 mile trips which consist of A roads in 6th at 60mph, any tips guys?? Or is there something wrong which I can go back to the dealer and quote needs looking at??? I luv the car but was hoping on more than 42mpg! checked tyres and there all as per book!

Your car will hardly be warm, a 10 mile journey even in hot weather will hardly get the coolant up to temperature in a diesel, that is your main problem

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links