Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Changing Front Brake Discs And Rear Pads

IJD

Hi all

Done a quick search to see if this topic has been covered and to some extent it has ,However is there any actual video footage out there concerning the Aygo in this area?

Would appreciate a link !

Thanks

IJD :flowers:

Unless things have hanged, all UK spec. Aygo's have rear drums ;o)

As for the fronts, use adilmon's excellent sticky which has some helpful pictures; but in all seriousness, if you're not feeling confident using the sticky thread you really shouldn't be tackling this job...be safe get a mechanic to do it.

Don't forget to PM Kingo for deal on the parts :D

Thanks

My mistake in how I worded the topic title but yes I have rear Drums which is really the information I'm after has I,m confident on Discs.

However what should have been a simple check/replace has now turned into a frigging nightmare thanks some Toyota mechanic being over zealous with a pnuematic wrench on its last service and has a result one of the threads on the Wheel bolts has stripped and I can't remove the rear wheel a result!!

I even sheared the socket off the supplied wheel spanner when trying to remove the rest.

Have they not heard iof a torque wrench set to the correct nM !! :disgust:

Sorry to hear that. I bet the service agent will deny that it was anything to do with them.

I used to own a Skoda Fabia. I had the car serviced from new by the local Skoda dealer. One day I put the car in for it's usual service and the dealer rang me to say that the sump plug thread had stripped in the alloy sump and they would have to helicoil it - at my expense. The cost was £70. I made the point that they had always done the service so if there was a problem it was of their making. They denied it of course. They claimed that "It's just one of those things that happen with alloy sumps" I ended up having to cough up the £70 for the damage they did. But it didn't end there, oh no.

A few months later my oil warning light came on together with a buzzer alarm. I checked the oil level and found that it was OK. I got my local general garage to tow the car in and carry out some investigation. They had the car for a few days. They said that there appeared to be no oil circulation and suspected that the pump had failed. In the meantime they had removed the sump pan and found a large quantity of alloy swarf in the pan. They commented that the plug thread had been helicoiled but they where of the view that this had been done with the pan still in situ hence the swarf. They thought that some of the swarf had got into the oil pressure relief valve and jammed it open which is why no pressure was being generated. The relief valve was non-serviceable so a new pump had to be fitted. That cured the problem. The cost, including tow in, diagonsis and rectification was £400.

There followed numerous letters to the dealership who had done so much damage but all to no avail. Nothing was their fault. So, their incompetence had cost me £470,and even though they had been the only people to service my car none of it was their fault. I like Skodas but I will never have another one whilst that particular dealer is selling them.

DSH

@daddyslap - snap with my experience of Skoda dealers. Had a Fabia VRS bought used with warranty and due for an MOT. Came back from MOT needing new front ARB (not a fail, just an note). They gave me a price straight away but were not happy when I reminded them about the warranty - took 2-3 weeks for them to agree it was a warranty item.

The car came with aftermarket alloys fitted before I bought it and one day I heard a rattle from the front wheel. Took off the wheel nut cover and a locking nut fell out. Seems the previous owner had replaced the wheels and nuts but not the lockers and it wouldn't go on due to it being the wrong shape. Went back to the dealers (2 services and one set of pads / disks replaced by then - so they must have removed the wheels a couple of times) and they denied all knowledge. Ended up buying a new set from Halfords for £15. I would have paid for them if they had pointed them out but they preferred to hide it instead.

Skoda dealers - makers of unhappy owners.

We also bought an Octavia for Mrs A and she would have liked another but I refused, we also deprived them of our service custom from that point onwards and will never go back.

As for Volvo dealers - they are outright c....

Yep, and yet Skoda dealers have been rated highly in customer satisfaction surveys. My local Toyota dealer seems OK so far but the real test comes when something unusual or unexpected happens - then you find what thay are really like.

DSH

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links