Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Please: Smoking T180

sailor50

It could be a build up of oil in the exhaust after some miles of M'way driving followed by slower B roads?.. its worth doing 20-50mls just before taking it in,and hope it smokes for them to see? If the dealer cant actually see it smoking, then you have no proof.
Just a thought.

On the way back from South Wales on Sunday, it had been doing 80 mph on cruise control for about 90 miles. We came up to slow moving traffic on the M4, so took off cruise, as car was slowing down a large cloud of white smoke billowed out.

Give them this info and let them do a full days test..
Or take it to an independant expert for a 2nd opinion.
Not great,but not much else you can do.

I obviously gave them that info, that's why I wanted them to check it out

I'd just get a 2nd opinion then.

If it keeps regenerating it is almost certainly the dpnr getting clogged. It can be cleaned with chemicals but it costs about £300 all in.

There's a company that will remove the dpnr, they say it improves mpg, etc. Any thoughts on this anybody?

Don: I thought I was the only one that was posting in the early hours!

There's a company that will remove the dpnr, they say it improves mpg, etc. Any thoughts on this anybody?

MOT failure due to emissions?......car's data will claim different emissions figures from what it will change to after removal....?

Just guessing.......

Website says it sorts all that, p&pauto.co.uk if you want to look.

Getting fed up, just looking at possible options.

MOT failure due to emissions?......car's data will claim different emissions figures from what it will change to after removal....?

Just guessing.......

I've heard the same from an MOT tester,but not really sure ?

Would be good to know.

Hmmm - well I've heard that the MOT will soon include a check to make sure if it was built with a cat/dpf it still has it.

The DPNR and DPFs fitted to many late model cars is the absolute bane of the modern diesel engine... Sorry its about to get worse...

From some time in 2014 it will become government policy to insist on 10% of the diesels content to be Bio .. Currently a;; diesel must contain 5%......

It is in the opinion of many highly qualified tech people this Bio content that is playing havoc with many diesel cars fitted with said DPF filters or in our case DPNR..

Trials being carried out at this present time in Germany suggest that IF as predicted ( It is at this time upcoming legislation) all our diesel cars will be buggered up !

Of course its likely the detrimental effect of doubling the Bio content can be redressed by additives..

But there is of course the added cost ! We already pay or should I say many of us choose to pay a lot extra for Vpower or BP ultimate diesel but if stronger or further additives are needed I bet they will cost !!

Back on topic (ish) I think the days of removing cats and such like are behind us as Don has said it will be in the more stringent MOT test to check if emissions kit has been removed

The DPNR and DPFs fitted to many late model cars is the absolute bane of the modern diesel engine... Sorry its about to get worse...

From some time in 2014 it will become government policy to insist on 10% of the diesels content to be Bio .. Currently a;; diesel must contain 5%......

It is in the opinion of many highly qualified tech people this Bio content that is playing havoc with many diesel cars fitted with said DPF filters or in our case DPNR..

Trials being carried out at this present time in Germany suggest that IF as predicted ( It is at this time upcoming legislation) all our diesel cars will be buggered up !

Of course its likely the detrimental effect of doubling the Bio content can be redressed by additives..

But there is of course the added cost ! We already pay or should I say many of us choose to pay a lot extra for Vpower or BP ultimate diesel but if stronger or further additives are needed I bet they will cost !!

Back on topic (ish) I think the days of removing cats and such like are behind us as Don has said it will be in the more stringent MOT test to check if emissions kit has been removed

More EU regs..from the tree huggers!

Suppose they have justify their all expenses paid,mega salary jobs in Brussels.

There are still a few testers who will pass it,but dont say I said so. :naughty:

Website says it sorts all that, p&pauto.co.uk if you want to look.

Getting fed up, just looking at possible options.

Direct link..........

http://pandpauto.co.uk/dpf-removal.html

In the list of cars it seems the Rav4 is not present.. This may be due to the hugely complex Denso ECU fitted to Rav4s..

No one yet has managed to crack the Denso ECU fitted to the Rav and this is why we have to employ a piggyback tuning system ( Like the Lindop one) instead of an ECU Flash Remap to get more power and/or better economy..

It may be the Toyota cars on the list have less complex ECUs fitted but I really dont know....

Interesting stuff. Thanks for that. Guess I'll have to try and sort it. Had a letter back from Toyota today, asking for more details, at least they're not telling me to get lost!

Sorry for gatecrashing but mine smokes as well but only when engine cold, and disapears when normal temperature is reached.I was told it might be the injectors!

It might be but I wouldn't lose too much sleep over that Baz.

Sorry for gatecrashing but mine smokes as well but only when engine cold, and disapears when normal temperature is reached.I was told it might be the injectors!

Yurr alive Baz min !!!!

• 4 months later...

Hey guys,I did some research tried to find some solutions, but link was removed by admin, but in the end I have removed dpf on my rav4 with p&p auto. Anyway they removed dpf , fitted dpf emulator , I have no problems since then, it passed MOT easy. Definitely recommended. http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/145756-dpf/