Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pollen Filter---Which Way Up

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi All

Re.the pollen filter...slightly confused...shows arrows on the filter itself...do i face them up or down?

I faced it up assuming that thats the direction of the air flow before it comes out of the vents???

:flowers:

If its the same as the Auris the arrows should be pointing upwards

If its the same as the Auris the arrows should be pointing upwards

CHEERS Frosty! :flowers:

Hi Sam

The air comes in from the top down though the filter; the dirt collects on the top side.

Edit - the filter arrow - airflow direction - should point downwards

Hmmm... wonder who is right - if you look around at other sites some say arrow down.

So does the arrow on the filter mean ' This Way Up ' specifically for Rolla Users or ' Air Flow ' Direction for all other purposes ?

( from purchasing non Mr.T filters get the impression its also sold for other cars / filter systems)

Interesting...so which way does it go guys...UP or Down???

I've always faced the arrow up...don't know why though!!! lol :ermm:

If it is an original Toyota pollen filter, why not send Parts King a private message - should imagine he would know (or could find out within minutes) the definitive answer.

Hi,

Looking at the Haynes manual I assume its showing a Toyota pollen filter - that has the words ' UP' along side an upwards facing arrow.

So if you get a Toyota filter then its clear which way to fit it.

Aftermarket ones like I have fitted have the makers details printed on them and when facing you the two arrows point down - so that still begs the question, do the aftermarket ones arrows mean this way up, or air direction ?

Having said that, just looked at the filter, doubt it would make too much difference if you got it the wrong way.

Think I have always replaced mine the same way, arrows donw, as the one fitted when I bought it, but that means little.

Hi all

I think we can conclude with Oldcodgers statement "just looked at the filter, doubt it would make too much difference if you got it the wrong way."

I looked at mine when fitting it and thought what difference does it make???

Anyone else with a more techinical answer...please do let us know!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links