Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can I Put A Celica Gt 5 Speed Into My Gt-S

cody horn

hello im new to the forums and just bought a 2001 celica gt-s but its an automatic I was wanting to know if I could take a 5 speed transmission from a gt and put it in mine?

I think you might struggle to get an answer from someone with experience of this on T.O.C. All Gen 7's in the U.K. had the six speed box, the five speed and tiptronic only being available in other countries.

Won't a five speed box make it more difficult to attain the revs needed for "lift" to engage though?.

Have you tried asking on newcelica.org?

I will try there. and no the five speed should be fine mine is a 4 speed and the lift engages when it should on it.

the lift will engage when it should, but with an automatic when it changes gear your out of the lift range, so you have to wait until it hist 6200rpm again.

With a manual 6 speed, you hit lift, change gear and your still in lift, although not always sometimes you just miss it by a tiny amount. When you change gear and still in lift you get no kick, if you miss it you will feel it will kick back in.

I'm sure a few on newcelica have changed from an auto to manual, and yes you can fit the 5 speed box

6 speed is better for lift, 5 speed should be left for the GT, with the exception of the supercharged lot who sometimes run the 5 speed from the MR2.