Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 3 Prius Parking Sensors Not Working

bsafirebird

Anyone got any ideas why my Gen 3 Prius rear parking sensors have stopped working? Before I take it into the dealer i was going to do a check of the fuses but the manual doesn't show a fuse listed for the sensors. Anyone any idea where the fuse is or has had a similar problem?

Thanks

The same thing had happened to my RAV4. The problem was a tiny switch which was located in the boot was switched off accidentally.

Dinku, thanks for the tip. I checked the inside of the boot and sure enough there was a little switch on the left hand side that I must have accidentally knocked when the boot was full of gear. I clicked it back on and now all is OK. Many thanks once again.

Dinku, thanks for the tip. I checked the inside of the boot and sure enough there was a little switch on the left hand side that I must have accidentally knocked when the boot was full of gear. I clicked it back on and now all is OK. Many thanks once again.

Glad to be of help :) .

I am intrigued, in case this happens to me, whereabouts is this switch ?

Edit: Forget that.....Doh ! .....I don't have rear parking sensors I've a T-Spirit with reversing camera and IPA.

Now owned my Prius for 10 days,very pleased so far, with one minor niggle. The reversing sensors on my car are quite poor compared to my previous Avensis, nowhere near as loud and with far less range/sensitivity.

Is there any way this can be remedied, particularly an increase in volume?

Now owned my Prius for 10 days,very pleased so far, with one minor niggle. The reversing sensors on my car are quite poor compared to my previous Avensis, nowhere near as loud and with far less range/sensitivity.

Is there any way this can be remedied, particularly an increase in volume?

I believe there are two types of reversing alarms, correct me if I am wrong.

1. the alarm goes Beep.Beep.Beep regardless of the obstacle at the back ( probably just a reminder that reverse has been selected) (low volume as compared to the alarm in the point mentioned below)

2. If installed then the Beeps work according to the distance of obstacles.(Louder, this was installed in my RAV)

Are you sure you mean reversing sensor beep? The prius has a beeping inside the car when you are in reverse. This is just a warning that you are in reverse. Perversely, it is not audible outside of the car only inside. It can be turned off by Mr T (or a scangauge 2).

Thanks for reply.

When selecting reverse the beeper emits one beep only - I think it must have been customized to do this by the previous owner, but I'm happy with that. Fully agree that something external should be audible to passers-by though.

I was referring initially to the rear bumper sensors, the beep from those is very quiet, have to turn the radio down and stop chatting in order to hear them. Also have to be quite close to an object before they work at all. All this is inferior to the ones I had fitted (by Toyota) to my previous Avensis. I seem to remember the technician who fitted them to the Avensis commenting that he'd positioned the speaker to maximise audibility.

When selecting reverse the beeper emits one beep only - I think it must have been customized to do this by the previous owner, but I'm happy with that. Fully agree that something external should be audible to passers-by though.

The single beep you mention is the one I was referring to. Yes yours has been changed. By default, that single beep keeps on going and going and going. :(

• 5 years later...

Dears,

kindly, i'm new on prius, i have prius 2010, and i have an issue with the reverse sensors it is not working and not beebs, i tried to find the tiny switch that you are talking about but i can't found it, can anyone share with me an image for it so i can check.

also, do u have any idea where to check the sensor device ? or speaker ?

Thanks in advance

• 3 months later...

Hello, I have a Prius 2011 model, and I used to hear the reversing sensors, but now do not hear them at all. I have even tried backing up close to something and still there was no sound. I have checked, and I do not have the little switch above the light in the boot that others have mentioned. Does anyone know anything about reversing sensors in this model please?

• 1 year later...

Hi, i have prius plus 7 seater 2013 model with the parking assistant . I cant hear the beep when i reverse and cant see P button with a cone. Just parking assist button is there. Is there any way i can activate beep on parking sensors ? Tried to find out on youtube but couldnt get it. 

• 2 months later...

Hi, i have a 2017 priusC, the reverse beep is gone and the reverse sensors don’t give a beeping alarm. Any help guys, thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links