Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help - Locking Wheel Nut Removal

edy2001uk

Hi, I am new to the forums and have just bought an Aygo to repair and use as my daily commute, however it has a set of locking wheel nuts on the alloys and I have no removal nut, as the car came from a salvage company.

I dont have the previous owners address to write to them yet, as I am awaiting the v5. They appear to be the ones that spin on the outer edge and therefore the removal sockets do not work on them.

I have a pic of the nut type does anyone have any suggestions ? I cannot move the car currently as it needs work so a trip to the dealership is out also. I do have a pic of the type though and the the Aygo is a VVTI Black 2006.

IMG_0583.jpg

I've used that method before, it also shows why locking nuts are a waste of time too.

Thanks for this, but the type he is removing does not have the rotational collar, as shown in my pic. If you hammer a socket or try a reverse thread, the collar just rotates. When I get my v5 I will try the previous owner, also thinking of creating a clay cast of the shape and sending to McGard.

Contact your Toyota dealer and send them the photo. They can then order a matching locking wheel nut key from the photo.

Devon

if you can get an imprint off the nut you could make a removal tool by getting a piece of round metal bar and putting some pins in the end of it and using that to undo the nut

Agreed you can't use the method shown with the Toyota set as the collar spins to stop this. I had an new Avensis and the locking nut were in the boot compartment. Toyota could not find them so my company asked them to remove and get a new set. They drilled out the center and used an easy out to remove.

Thank you for all your replies, posting this in case it helps someone else in a similar situation ...

Mc Gard told me they did not supply Toyota in the UK, but helped me out by pointing me in the direction of Evo & Farad, after speaking to both and sending my pic, Evo have confirmed its one that they supply and I have ordered a replacement direct.

I did not receive a response from my local Toyota dealer via e-mail ;-)

• 1 month later...

edy2001uk a few questions....

1/ Have you received the wheel nut key yet?

2/ Did the key work?

3/ How much did they charge you?

Could you also be so kind as to provide the Evo and Farad link to this thread, I'm in the same predicament.

Thank you