Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ev Mode Excessive Speed

MikeH_83

Hi all

Well I got my new shape auris hybrid last week and loving it so far. One thing I have noticed with EV mode is that on the same stretch of road somedays works upto 30mph ish but other days it won't seem to stay on above 20mph, even though the car remains in EV anyway due to standard running.

Anyone know why this is or has a similar experience? I'm guessing its down to temperature maybe?

Hi Mike,

I'm ordering a hybrid tomorrow - what MPG have you been getting to date in the real world?

Thanks very much

David

Well usually around the 45-55mpg mark, my commuting run is only 7 miles so it doesn't get a lot of EV usage because of how cold it is. A journey after a fill up when it was already warm netted me 59.8 though so I'm more than happy

Thanks mike....on my test drive I got close to 70 for a 4 mile toddle, and wondered if that was realistic

I'd think it is temperature related. I can put the car into EV on my commute from work, but on the same bit coming back from the shops it's a no as the car has done a shorter distance.

My car shows around 50mpg on a 17mile mixed commute- but I should say I only got 48 out of the diesel before!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links