Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avg 32Mpg?! Is There Something Wrong With My Iq?

Corey_iQ2

Hi i've had an average mpg of 32 recently? Does anyone else get similar figures??

Thanks,

Corey

Probably need to provide some more information on which engine you have, whether manual or multidrive, what type of driving you do (eg. urban, rural, short/long runs, stop/start commuter driving, etc) before people are able to comment. How have you worked out your average mpg - is it from the display or calculated using brim-to-to figures?

Have a look at http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/toyota/iq-2008 which provides information from owners on what mpg they're getting. The worst mpg seems to be from the 1.0 VVTi Multidrive.

Funnily the 1.0 VVti iQ or iQ2 Multidrive probably give the best economy figures in real life without even trying very hard.

But like all vehicles, and maybe especially in winter when it can take more miles to get coolant and oil to normal running temperature and the good MPG, short runs equate to poor MPG.

So as the post above says,

you need to give more idea of how your car is used and how far trips it is that get only 32 mpg.

george

Our iQ2 1.0 manual returns average 34mpg, but it does lots of short journeys so engine hardly ever gets warm. When it goes out for a decent run, average mpg starts creeping up towards/above 40mpg (but that average is tempered by all the short journeys from the same tankful).

Dave

Hi it's a 1.0 manual I do about 250 miles a week with a mix of rural and town driving, but it doesn't seem to creep up on motorways, when I first got the car a year ago it returned 45mpg, can't work it out

I'm getting around 45mpg from my iQ3 with the 1.3 engine and 6 speed manual transmission. In the summer I was averaging around 51mpg.

If your only seeing 32 then yes, I think something is wrong. Can you check a few simple things yourself, Make sure the air filter is clean and check the tyre pressures, they can make a huge difference I've found.

Craig.

Very Low, Imo, Unacceptable. Even in Winter.

I live in Baltics and this winter we have temperature below zeros *C almost all the time.

Now this winter at the very worst I've had 47 MPG. ( 1 liter iQ1).

Summer gives 60 to 70 (70 if you think what you do) and something like 53 MPG if I drive reckless.

Both City and Highway.

i got a small iQ :)

Hi i've had an average mpg of 32 recently? Does anyone else get similar figures??

Thanks,

Corey

I'm getting around 48 mpg on an average from my manual 1.0 (4,000 miles including motorways). Best figure 53 mpg, worst figure 42 mpg.

There is another strange thing happening on my car which I have commented upon before. If i do a " To the brim " refill and take a note of my odometer, Reset my trip A and run the car to a very low fuel level and take a reading on the Trip A readout, then compare it with the milage added to the odometer, there is at least a 50mile error lower than it should be. Which is not constant. So is the odometer wrong or is the Trip A wrong or both. So if your experiencing similar you won't be able to take MPG measurements properly.

David

I average 60+, but the temperature here hasn't dropped below 15c this winter. One thing that has recently started to happen is that after I have filled the tank, on starting the engine the fuel guage will sometimes indicate that the tank is only two thirds full even though I have only driven a few kilometres and will then indicate full again?

I forgot to mention in my previous post, I recently took the car in to my Toyota dealer for its 30,000km service. They changed the engine oil and filter, brake fluid, engine and A/C filters, filled the windscreen washer bottle and charged me the princely sum of 220€ incuding VAT. Unlike in the UK, I was allowed in the service area and watched the whole proceedure. Removing the A/C filter is not quite as easy in a left-hand drive car as it is in a right-hand drive car because the pedals make it a bit more difficult, however, the end result, one very satisfied owner.

Chez...good to hear you can get 60+ in the IQ auto....I'm currently av 48mpg...but it has been b cold here this winter!

On topic....32mpg car needs to be checked by toyota service agent

Yes, best thing is not to trust MPG on board, but to fill full tank every time and use phone app or diary at worst. Apps are great for this - Enter km(miles), litres (gallons or whatever you have) and price payed for gas After some time you will have a great picture on your spendings, including km (mile) price with the services etc and very very accurate mpg (including seasonal changes). There you will have an answer on when to take car, cab or train :))

_ i got a small iq _

There is another strange thing happening on my car which I have commented upon before. If i do a " To the brim " refill and take a note of my odometer, Reset my trip A and run the car to a very low fuel level and take a reading on the Trip A readout, then compare it with the milage added to the odometer, there is at least a 50mile error lower than it should be. Which is not constant. So is the odometer wrong or is the Trip A wrong or both. So if your experiencing similar you won't be able to take MPG measurements properly.

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links