Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Recall

the fox

I got a recall notification some time last year about rusting rear suspension on my 56 plate Rav4 I'm still waiting for My Rav4 to be inspected is anyone else in the same boat seems a long wait

I think it is for tightening rear suspension bolts, not rusting - contact your nearest Toyota dealer with your VIN number and they will tell you if you need the recall - only takes a short while to do it.

Guy

Yup, not heard a dickie bird since.........................

By the way, if the boat you're in is the one in your avatar you're in serious trouble :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I got the letter last year and phoned my local dealer a few weeks back (prior to my gearbox exploding) and they booked it in an done the check.

If I remember correctly you should get or should have got two letters.

The first should of informed you of the recall, telling you it would be done in stages and that you would be informed when parts were available.

The second should have said parts were now available and should have invited you to contact your preferred dealer to get the work done. Some dealers may chase you, but I suspect most of the time it is up to you to contact a dealer to get the work done, once you've been asked to do so or if you have massive concerns over the issue.

As the rear wheel alignment on mine was fine and had never been touched (so practically zero risk of the recall problem occuring), I waited until recently when mine was due a service and got it done at the same time. Done quickly, without fuss, by RRG Macclesfield.

It's fairly old hat now, but I don't ever remember any pictures on here of the installed clips, so pic below. It's the shiny clip bits and label/diagram that is added. Apologies if the things have been shown before.

4-3susRcall_zps9bc0dad0.jpg

Yup, not heard a dickie bird since.........................

By the way, if the boat you're in is the one in your avatar you're in serious trouble :rolleyes:

I thought it was an old air filter :wacko:

You should get a letter from Toyota, and your local dealer gets a list of all owners in his area to chase up over time. These mailings are phased over several months in order to preserve a constant supply of parts and not clog up the dealers workshop with thousands of customer wanting appointments in the same week. If you feel at all concerned, contact your local dealer

Kingo

• 3 weeks later...

Took mine in for the suspension and drivers window master switch recalls today. They sorted the suspension bar bolts but said they needed a part for the switch?? Thought the switch was just a check, clean up and the correct lubricant or whatever applied. Service receptionist didn't know what part it was and they'd give me a ring when they'd got it. Just curious if anyone else has had it done and been told what it might be, the switches still work fine and is solid in the armrest so they haven't broken the actual switch by the looks and it was booked in 10-12 days beforehand.

They've either bust the retaining clips getting it out or can't recover it by normal cleaning. Either way it sounds like you are getting a new one.

I thought something like that but it is really secure as if no retaining clips are missing/broken, I'll have to ask the organ grinder not the monkey when it goes back in.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my recall letter the other day. But last month I had a loud banging from the rear. Took it into my local garage and they found a rear suspension link broken. (Have got a picture but keep getting "Upload skipped (error 500)). Looking at the picture that SHCM posted, the link that sheared on mine, is not the recall item, as I think it is on the wishbone arm.

I've sure I've seen someone posting that they also had, what sound like the same break on them. Maybe Mr.T should start looking at this link as well?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links