Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Play Via Radio

rambler

Considering getting a new Nokia lumia 820 or 920 phone......

I currently have a Nokia C7 phone,which is ideal for what i need it for,everything is on my phone ( as most folk have these days ).

The C7 has a built in FM Transmiter ( play via radio),which allows me to play all my songs from my phone through the Rav's stock audio unit ( No bluetooth,no USB)

I tune the Rav's radio to recieve the same frequency as my phone's Fm transmitter transmits in.....and i can hear all my music from my phone through the Rav's Speakers....

No wires involved,no bluetooth, just a simple Fm transmitter....works well.

BUT........so far,i cant find a way of playing all my music.....if it were transfered on to a new Nokia lumia 820 or 920...the same way ?

Anybody else tried this......or got a Nokia lumia phone.

Considering getting a new Nokia lumia 820 or 920 phone......

I currently have a Nokia C7 phone,which is ideal for what i need it for,everything is on my phone ( as most folk have these days ).

The C7 has a built in FM Transmiter ( play via radio),which allows me to play all my songs from my phone through the Rav's stock audio unit ( No bluetooth,no USB)

I tune the Rav's radio to recieve the same frequency as my phone's Fm transmitter transmits in.....and i can hear all my music from my phone through the Rav's speakers....

No wires involved,no bluetooth, just a simple Fm transmitter....works well.

BUT........so far,i cant find a way of playing all my music.....if it were transfered on to a new Nokia lumia 820 or 920...the same way ?

Anybody else tried this......or got a Nokia lumia phone.

I've got the Lumia 800. Really pleased with it but have never tried this. I use a bluetooth head set with it when driving and listen to my iPod via a Belken FM transmitter plugged into the bottom of the iPod.

What!? You use a headset to listen to music while driving?

No wonder there are accidents. Having ALL your senses about you while driving is essential.

And I'm not joking.

Well.....to be fair to firemac,when i listen to my music ( through cars Speakers ) i do have it turned up farely loudly...so i can't hear sirens either way.

But...i do make sure i'm aware of traffic around me ( mirrors etc ),looking for blue flashing lights etc,and other cars that are behind me getting out of the way of emergency vehicles.

So wether you have ear phones in , or speaker volume up high......you cant hear much ,what are you supposed to do ? ? ?

I enjoy my music........what can i say

Well.....its looks as though Nokia have done away with , " Play via radio " with the " Fm transmitter " in the new Lumia range,so guess i'll keep my current phone instead.

Shame....as really wanted to update my ageing phone....lol

What!? You use a headset to listen to music while driving?

No wonder there are accidents. Having ALL your senses about you while driving is essential.

And I'm not joking.

A headset (PLT Voyager) not headphones. The headset is for answering calls hands-free. The music comes through the car's Speakers from the iPod.

Calm down.

I've got: http://www.gtacarkits.com/toyota_rav4_2006_2011_car_kit.php

It takes an aux in (3.5mm stereo) or iPod

I did use the FM transmitter on my Garmin (can't store a route on the sat nav and I listen to audio books) but I'd keep having to change frequencies depending on where I was. Now the audio output of the garmin is straight into the Stereo (using the cd changer loop) or I can connect an ipod and control it

My phone is connected via the car's bluetooth. If I were to use the phone to play music, I could connect it via the 3.5mm stereo into the GTA

Chris, it gets silly here now, I was watching a driver with full blown headphones on the other day.....

Gus

Gus, If you allow me

That's a beautiful rav you have there.

Chris, it gets silly here now, I was watching a driver with full blown headphones on the other day.....

Gus

Gus, If you allow me

That's a beautiful rav you have there.

Yeah, he gets it released from the pound next month...................