Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2003 Avensis, Excessive White Smoke...

BigMo82

It goes down cos get gets burned, maybe leaks a bit, and the oil filter holds quite a lot also. So if you topped it up with new oil and didn't then run it for a minute (to fill the oil filter) and then re top it up, your level will have dropped a bit by the amount of oil now sat inside your oil filter..

When my mechanic filled up the oil he filled it a little past the top marker becuase of like you mention the oil filter. So after driving around it was pretty much bang on the top marker. It has dropped by about 20 - 25% in the last 2000 miles. I check the oil and coolant once every 2 weeks as I have only had the car for 3 months so like to keep an eye on things.

Mo

Ok, so its been burned or dropped. I think that you would have noticed if oil was dripping from your car so we are looking at burning. 250 ml in 2000 miles seems ok, roughly 1litre between services. Clearly burning none would be ideal but this consumption is fine I think.

Its definately not dropping any oil. I can live with 250ml every 2000 miles. Considering I only do about 8000 miles a year I see it as 1litre of oil every 12 months. My old car didnt get serviced for 2 years at one point and still never dropped the oil level at all. I can happily live with the oil consumption, I was just trying to work out if that was what I was seeing out my exhaust pipe. I really should just ignore it all and get on with the driving! lol

Mo

I think you should change your driving style to 'drive it like you stole it'. Then, if anything goes wrong with it you can just laugh about the fact that you were driving like a nutter.

That's the problem mate I already drive it like I stole it! Lol

Mo

Hey! How about this then. There's me giving it all 'oil burns blue' and then, when I'm doing some research to try to find out why my bike's clutch cover sounds like a flock of budgies are stuck behind it, I come across a section about burning engine oil and, guess what? It can burn with blue or white smoke.

So I guess we have found the combined sources of your smoke, condensation and a little bit of oil.

• Like 1

Lol I could happily agree with that conclusion mate.

Mo

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links