Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mot Failure

forevered

took my car to a main toyota dealer for its mot today and got a shock with the failure to pass due to knackered front anti roll bar bushes, both sides.

cost to replace, £226,also a couple of missing bolts on the gearbox, which they will replace foc (they have no idea why they are missing) a combination of the crap roads, and maybe the low profile tyres (225,45,17s) ? having the work done on thursday, parts out of stock

£226 for some bushes or are they replacing the hole thing? That's expensive if its just changing the bushes.

try you local motor factor they might be alot cheaper usually 10 to 20 pounds for the pair and have them fitted by

an independent garage or diy if you have the tools

dont now if its the whole bar or not, wouldnt have a clue how to do the job myself.

Take it to a local garage mate. If its not the whole bar being done u gotta be able to shave £100 off that. Can't imagine it's to hard to do.

had the repair work done at the main dealer today. after about 10 mins wait somebody from service came out to me to tell me the wrong parts had been ordered, blaming the technican because he was new. the cost was going to be £65 pounds more than was quoted, but as it was there mistake the dealer would pay for it and as parts woulldnt arrive until 2pm they gave me a free courtesy car and free fuel.

the mot failure certificate reads as follows. nearside and offside front anti roll bar ball joint dust cover excessively damaged so that it no longer prevents the ingress of dirt.

the invoice recd today , description of goods fitted, replaced anti roll bar links, stabilizer x2 . is this nothing to do with the bushes what they have actually fitted ?

final bill including discounted mot test, £251

Iv just replaced one of the stabilisers on mine the other day. Cost £65 plus vat. The stabiliser is what connects the roll bar to the wheel hub area. Think it's attached to the damper to be exact. Anti roll bar links I'm not sure what they are. Would of assumed it was the same thing? Abit annoying when they make these mistakes. Ask for ya reg n still get it wrong . At least it's all sorted and passed now.