Do Not Sell My Personal Information

80K Km Service Diy?

hshen

Hi I am new here and I am living in down under.

Recently I was told by Toyota dealer that my 80k km service will cost me around $900, my car drove around 50K km and was bought in 2007. It is a RAV4 ACA33 which made in 2007.

I thought that's a rip off so I decide to do it by myself. Beside the engine oil change, there will be tranfer oil and rear differential oil change plus a fuel filter change. What I am concerning is how to replace the fuel filter which located in the fuel tank?

Any input will be appreciated.

A lot of info in the pinned Section in the top posts of the Rav section including how to change your fuel filter, which isnt located in the tank, here is the link to it http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=92108&page=10#entry886270

Gus

AFIK the only 'filter' in the tank is a metal strainer that isn't a service part.

Correct. Don't need to touch the fuel tank strainer.

Hi guys thanks for input.

If there was no need to touch the filter in tank, so how can I service the fuel filter which mentioned by the manual at 80k interval?

is there another fuel filter in this car?

If there was no need to touch the filter in tank, so how can I service the fuel filter which mentioned by the manual at 80k interval?

Yes ... it appears to be at the other end of the fuel line in the engine bay. Follow the link posted by Gust:

A lot of info in the pinned Section in the top posts of the Rav section including how to change your fuel filter, which isnt located in the tank, here is the link to it http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=92108&page=10#entry886270

Gus

and you'll find a thread complete with pictures and instructions ... :)

Hold on a bit - an ACA33 is a gasoline engine as far as I know and it doesn't have an external fuel filter - only the strainer in the tank.

Where are you? You talk in dollars but come from Liecester!!! Is this leicester in England?

Hold on a bit - an ACA33 is a gasoline engine as far as I know and it doesn't have an external fuel filter - only the strainer in the tank.

Where are you? You talk in dollars but come from Liecester!!! Is this leicester in England?

......the hint was in the sentence living in down under.......fgs.......

smartubik. Might be living just under Leicestershire in Northampton.

smartarse. Might be living just under Leicestershire in Northampton.

Northampton....where everyone named Hugh gets called Shooey.....subtle wan, eh......?

That does sound a rip off (around £600?)

Over here (angle land) Toyota do "fixed priced servicing"- (quite reasonable really) and you get it even cheaper if you supply your own oil!

I've gone for alternate servicing- I do the easy intermediate one and get the garage to do the harder one.

Dave

Yes ... it appears to be at the other end of the fuel line in the engine bay. Follow the link posted by Gust:

>A lot of info in the pinned Section in the top posts of the Rav section including how to change your fuel filter, which isnt located in the tank, here is the link to it http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=92108&page=10#entry886270

Gus

and you'll find a thread complete with pictures and instructions ... :)

Hi I've read this thread but my car ACA33R doesn't have that filter behind the air filter. I am afraid the in tank filter is the only one.

Also, I am living in Australia not England. :-)

That does sound a rip off (around £600?)

Over here (angle land) Toyota do "fixed priced servicing"- (quite reasonable really) and you get it even cheaper if you supply your own oil!

I've gone for alternate servicing- I do the easy intermediate one and get the garage to do the harder one.

Dave

Yeah sure it is just like many things in Australia. :-) So become a handy man is very important for who lives here.