Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My New Car

dinku

Finally the Plug-in arrived yesterday.

Charged it all up, topped up the fuel. (the charging cable came with a 3 pin UK Household plug so I was able to charge it at home)

Used fuel from Shell as so members have been reporting better milage for fuel used from Shell.

Ready to go on a weekend trip.

Will report my experience

Right. Back from the road trip. Well if you call 322 miles a road trip. 100% of it was on the motorway mostly sticking to speed limits (95 % of the time clear.png). The odometer says 222 miles to refill, 67 Mpg and about 1/2 a tank of fuel still remaining. When I parked my car the EV range was 6.1 miles. The temperature outside during the journey was around 5 -7 C. and the temp inside the car was set at 18 C.

Not bad considering my RAV used to give about 36 mpg.

Now onwards most of my driving is going to be about 5 miles every day. Hoping that the mpg rises. clear.png

Fantastic! So it will be interesting to see the average after a bit of electric only. 67 is great tho especially as you used hardly any ev. Keep posting up how you get on.

I have had mine for 7 months now and am averaging 100 mpg after 5600 miles.

I estimate it costs me 2p per mile on electricity if charged overnight on economy 7, 8p during the day on electricity and 9.5p using petrol assuming a price of 134.9 per litre (the cost when I first did the calculations) assuming 65 mpg on petrol alone.

The estimated ev range has fluctuated between 15 and 10.1 miles (currently 10.3).

I travel 16 miles in city rush hour traffic each day so about 3/4 is on electric.

As your journeys will be mostly 5 miles, I would expect your mpg to rise considerably.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links