Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.2 D4D Emissions Creeping Up, 99K...

2912pwil

Just had my 2.2 D4D MoT, it passed - but the emission levels are creeping up. This notwithstanding this year (1st try) my running on the "expensive" Shell V-power diesel & doing an "italian tune-up" each week & the morning of the MoT (was that a good/bad idea??). So, OK for 12 months but...emissions have been creeping up each year...

If the emission levels creep over the limits is this a BIG, expensive, problem or are there fixes that can be tried?? Excuse my ignorance.. if this is a simple question...

99k, mixture of country roads but predominantly motorway cruising.

Regards & thanks in advance

im no expert on the diesel engine as mines a petrol but from reading a lot on this forum it might be worth running a can of the bg244 cleaner through with a full tank to clear out any rubbish its good stuff as i have used the petrol version and comes highly rated on these forums and it does a better job than other stuff like redex just a thought apart from fuel filter air filter etc are they all in good nick and i believe somthing called the egr valve can get blocked im sure you will get some expert advice on here

check you inlet manifold for cokeing up if your due to clean the egr valve out

also a restricted air filter or intercooler or turbo not getting to max wastegate capacity can cause a bit of overfuelling black smoke.

has your car got a dpf?

Thanks guys: No, no dpf ...

Thanks owdjockey, diary'd terraclean for next-years MoT.

Is that the shills owdjockey??

Thanks owdjockey, diary'd terraclean for next-years MoT.

Is that the shills owdjockey??

Yes it is!! Most of the now 186,000 miles is from going up north to Scotland.

theartfullodger here... Yes, a fine long-distance beast .. & I find cruise control a great help up&down M40/M42/M6/M74....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links