Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T180 Fuel Consumption

voyager t180

I'm new to the forum having just bought a 2006 T180 with 63k on the clock.
Its a fantastic car,but even keeping the revs below 2Krpm I cant get more than 35 mpg
Is this normal or may I have a problem?

Thanks Paul

Totally normal Paul, and 35mpg in colder weather is downright not bad mate. It will improve as the weather warms up, but you will still be driving like Mother Superior to get 40mpg. If you want too eek out a bit more, and also like a wee performance boost (177 to 218hp), contact Kingo on here and he will send ye details of his Lindop Toyota Chip Kit......he is the Farts Manager at that dealer.

Big Kev

Totally normal Paul, and 35mpg in colder weather is downright not bad mate. It will improve as the weather warms up, but you will still be driving like Mother Superior to get 40mpg. If you want too eek out a bit more, and also like a wee performance boost (177 to 218hp), contact Kingo on here and he will send ye details of his Lindop Toyota Chip Kit......he is the Farts Manager at that dealer.

Big Kev

Thanks Kev,youve put my mind at rest.

But must admit I was a bit surprised..the wife's on her 3rd standard 2.2D Rav and easily sees 46mpg urban..

But as you say its a completely different engine and could already be chipped?

I've just changed from a Golf R32,(me being a bit old for it and wanting more comfort).

I must admit the T180 is no slouch.not an R but its pretty quick.

Where is Kingo based please?

Pauly.

Big Kev

Thanks Kev,youve put my mind at rest.

But must admit I was a bit surprised..the wife's on her 3rd standard 2.2D Rav and easily sees 46mpg urban..

But as you say its a completely different engine and could already be chipped?

I've just changed from a Golf R32,(me being a bit old for it and wanting more comfort).

I must admit the T180 is no slouch.not an R but its pretty quick.

Where is Kingo based please?

Pauly.

Lindop Toyota and any Cheshire pub that does pies.....he will see this and contact you.....if not, I will speak to his boss....again.....

Haha..Bury's the place for pies (and black puddings.)
Cheshires more like your 'beef en croute'.

Hello, Have a Q? here. Been looking at this forum at least for one month and this is my first question.

I bought Rav 4.3. 177km has a flatruns all original..... and did clean ERG but no luck, I just can not go above 26mpg. or below 9 liters/100km.

Do you have any more tips how to reduce the usega petrol.

I have 180.000km and year 2007. I just bought it one month ago. It's great car, except the fuel consumption.

Do you think if I change to normal tyres I will get less consumption?

I'm new to the forum having just bought a 2006 T180 with 63k on the clock.

Its a fantastic car,but even keeping the revs below 2Krpm I cant get more than 35 mpg

Is this normal or may I have a problem?

Thanks Paul

you have to consider many reasons leading to the same outcome.

- tyres pressure;

- driving style;

- bad fufel quality;

- MAF sensor;

- air filter (engine's);

- fuel injectors;

and others

regards

• Like 1

Cleaned my EGR and the MAF whilst I was at it..
Slight improvement of around 2mpg..but tbh the EGR wasnt as bad as others I've seen,it must have been cleaned before
OR maybe I've been lucky and I have a sweet engine used mainly on long journeys?
Nothing wrong with a Rav on 60k plus if its had regular oil changes and not used mostly for just going to the shops.

Hello, Have a Q? here. Been looking at this forum at least for one month and this is my first question.

I bought Rav 4.3. 177km has a flatruns all original..... and did clean ERG but no luck, I just can not go above 26mpg. or below 9 liters/100km.

Do you have any more tips how to reduce the usega petrol.

I have 180.000km and year 2007. I just bought it one month ago. It's great car, except the fuel consumption.

Do you think if I change to normal tyres I will get less consumption?

If your on runflats ditch them as a starting point..rolling wheel weight is a killer for mpg.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links