Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Knz185 Not Able To Engage 4Wd

rRockster

Hi Guys and Girls

i'm really hoping someone can help, i have a 3rd gen manual Surf with a 3.0 TD lump, its been working like a dream, the last time i used my 4WD it took age's for the 4wd system to engage on the dash, about 1/2 mile..

now it wont engage at all, i press the button, and start to move, the dash indicator just flashes, you can hear the transfer box solenoid's working, and i have had all the diff, transfer and gearbox oils changed, the vacum lines have been checked, but still i cant get the 4wd to engage.

has anyone got any ideas, or anyone know of a garage that are good with Surf's, i did call my local toyota dealer, but they sounded very unsure if they could even look at it...

if anyone could help, that would be brillent..

many thanks in advance

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Check the vacume lines on the front diff for the ADD setup. If the hoses split you can have trouble engaging 4x4.

failing that I know a guy that live and breathes surfs and fixes them, he is in Basingstoke, he comes highly recommended on the Surf site as a mechanic.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links