Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hands Free Kit Retro Fit Or Not

cooper12000

hi all i have a 2.0 4d4 t3x on an 08 plate. the center courtosy light has what looks like built in Speakers there is a microphone too however this looks to be a retro fit as the wire comes out from underneath the light and runs round fairly loose to the mic which clips to this bracket. There is no carrier to clip the phone into and i have tried to bluetooth to it with no avail.

my questions are this

1) is it a standered fit??? or just someone moded it afterwards

2) Do i have to turn somthing on or into a certain possition for it to work (obviously if it is a retro fit this is a silly q)

i did look in the manual that came with the car and the only thing i could find was somthing about voice control and wondered if it was to do with that but i dont have the button on the steering wheel for that

many thanks

coop

The two T25's I had were both pre-facelift so maybe slightly different from yours, but the as fas as I know the little vent holes in the overhead courtesy light panel are for the interior alarm sensors. I fitted a Parrot hands-free kit to mine and put the mic exactly where you describe too. It sounds like your car had a car kit fitted but as there's no sign of the display panel someone has removed it, or at least some of it. Also to pair a phone to my Parrot I had to put the Parrot into search mode before the phone could find it.

Try looking around for a control box, perhaps down behind/to the side of either the glove box or the same place on the drivers side.

ok thanks for ur reply ill have a look but if i cant find anything i might just remove the mic not that its and issue just dont see the point of it being there if its never going to work.

coop

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links