Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service Locations/help

cooper12000

hi i have an 2.0 t3x on an 08 plate. i am going to have to give it a compleate service. as i havent managed to get hold of a manual yet can anyone let me know where the following items are pls

1) drain for engine coolent

2) bleed screw for engine coolent

3) drain for powersteering fluid

4) fill drain and level plugs for the gearbox oil

5) where is the oil filter

6) what antifreze should i be using

7) what powersteering fluid should i use

how does one bleed the power steering system once filled?

what is the correct bleeding procedure for the coolent?

i have read that the fuel filter is in the tank and is a sealed unit is this true if not where is it and how does one change it/

sorry for the silly questions

coop

It sounds like you're not having much luck, reading one or two posts you've made. If I were in your shoes I'd proceed as follows...

If I bought the car with a warranty and "serviced" I'd be straight back to the dealer. However, if not, then I'd take my problems and prioritise them.

Gear oil and power steering fluid can wait. They've done a fair bit of running already and probably won't do any serious harm if left for another month or two.

First thing would be to figure out your coolant problem (I've replied to your separate thread).

Next do the standard service items. Change the oil and filter, the air filter, the fuel filter, and check/change the drive belt. Hoover out your pollen filter.

I've not changed them on the diesel but the filters can't be hard to do. The oil filter on the petrol was behind a small access panel on the belly plate, near the front.

The air filter should be easy enough, as is a visual on the drive belt. If it's cracked or crazed then change it.

The fuel filter should be reasonably standard. If there's a prime button then change the filter and blow the air out the bleed nipple. If there isn't then fill the new filter with diesel before you fit it.

After I'd made sure it was running ok then I'd do the gear oil and PAS fluid.

the issue i have with the dealer is that the one i did the deal with isnt normaly there. i agreed several things with him including the reduced price and service but the guy normaly works at a diff place (illford i belive) had i of met the guy i ended up paying i wouldnt of bought the car from him. forexample i had agreed with the origonal guy that i would pay 35 pounds to wards the road tax he would pay the 100 when i went to pick it up the dodgy one "called him" and said no that was changed when u got the money off the screen price.

if i had mat this second giy origonaly i wouldnt of bought the car i would of gone else where and bought a diff one that was a year older but i had paid a 400 quid deposit and didnt think "i think ur a chancer and taking the *****" was a good enough reason to demand my money back.

i do have a 3 month warrenty but that only covers mechanicals not wear and tear. i do have a friend that would be prepaired to go back with me and sort any issues but im not sure i realy want to go down that road.

sorry for the essay

coop

If you are unhappy with the car then I would go straight back to the dealer and give him the opportunity to put things right. Dealers depend on their reputations and can't afford to get a bad reputation. Is it actually due a service according to the service record (oil goes black really quick)? Don't start doing the work yourself until you have at least tried to get them to do it for you.

to be honest even if i perswaded him to do the service i wouldnt be happy that he had done it properly it would always be in the back of my mind that he scrimped somewhere or didnt do somthng quite right. and i know he will either say that sevice isnt part of the warrenty that one wasnt promsed or just basic tough luck go away.

coop

ok im getting pretty sick of this !Removed! car i dropped the oil at 9.40 am this morning. its now 3.50 and i have come in all i have done is drop the oil change the air filter and put fresh oil in. the rest of the time has been spent strugg4eling my !Removed! off trying to unscrew the oil filter housing. admitedly i did wait for an hour for ajays to get the filter housing socket/tool in but even that with a 2 foot breaker bar wouldnt shift the thing.in the end i phoned toyota and spoke to a mechanic there who laughed and said oh yes we often struggle and resort to a cold chisel and club hammer.

i have given up compleatly its booked into a garage tomorrow for them to do it. they say they can do it with out dropping the oil. im just going to have to fork out 50 quid to undo a flipping nut.

coop

If you know someone with a set of air tools I will bet that they can shift it. The shock effect of the air tools often gets things moving. The torque settings are surprisingly low so don't get carried away refitting it. The o-rings create the seal, not the huge amount of torque people seem to want to apply, just in case.

i tried my rattle gun and i know it was cheap but it will undo a crank pully bolt on a rover 25 with out breaking a sweat (230 nm)

Hmm, I reckon there may be more bills ahead when it does finally come off cos if its resisting all attempts so far something might give up when it goes.

Fingers crossed for you.

thats why i gave up.... i know i havent damaged the nut so hopefuly if im doing somthing stupid or just not putting enough pudding in it they have a chance of getting it off.

if not then b4 hed starts work i will let it known that i cant afford to replace the part (180 plus vat) if it breaks.

i will also get them to put some copper slip on the threads to aid undoing in the future cos i dont want to go though all this again

coop

ok went to the garage today he ended up putting a big pair of grips and applying lots of elbow grease . to be fair if u took two of me and stood us side by side infront of the guy u would of still been able to see him.

just glad its sorted they only charged me 30 quid for the labour and spend a further 15 mins with me giving me verbal advice on sorting the other issues.

coop

Yey! Sorted. Sometimes it pays to pay. Good luck with the rest of your jobs.