Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Gauge On Aygo

vinrouge

I have a new Aygo, when fuel is used, does the dark colour of fuel gauge display reduce in height ?

Regards Vinrouge

On my car it does, the dark section is broken into segments that reduce in height.

When you get down to just two segments its time to think about filling up as the next stage is a flashing single segment.

The rate at which it flashes is an indication of how much fuel is left but its easy to misread and run out. Which is what happened to me!!!

JB

Does anyone have any idea of how many miles you have left, once the single segment starts to flash.

Thanks in advance

I've done 55 miles but I'm sure I was running on fumes ay the end

I think when I ran out it was after about 40 miles, but of course it will be dependent upon driving style and you noticing when it starts to flash as there is no light or audible warning.

JB

I get an audible beep when mine starts flashing, is this something added to later models, mine being a 2010 Blue

I get an audible beep when mine starts flashing, is this something added to later models, mine being a 2010 Blue

Ditto: mine being a very late 2007 model

My 2006 model doesn't beep unless its broken. would be interested to know if it should?

JB

My 2006 model doesn't beep unless its broken. would be interested to know if it should?

JB

Is yours a Blue ?

JB

Is yours a Blue ?

Mine is a Sport, not sure what the difference between a Blue is?

Mine is 56 plate aygo + and it beeps when level drops to one bar and everytime you start the car until I top up

Mine is a Sport, not sure what the difference between a Blue is?

The Blue beeps and the Sport doesn't :lol: sorry, couldn't resist :D:

I think you are correct, but I'm going to say that as a 'Sport' version, they deleted the buzzer to save weight!!

The beep has been there since 2005. It's the same buzzer as the light-reminder and the seatbelt-warning, only a different tone.

The seatbelt-beep can be switched off through a sequence of switching and pushing, the other tones can't.

So when the 2nd to last bar disappears the beep should go off and

will keep doing so everytime you turn on the ignition untill you fill up.

According to my manual you should be able to get about 30 mi on the flashing

bar, but I woul'n't take that chance. I personally filled up every 300 to 350 mi.

The seatbelt-beep can be switched off through a sequence of switching and pushing, the other tones can't.

Hi Jan,

I didn't know that it was possible to switch off the seal belt buzzer. How do you do that? Is there somewhere you can point me to obtain this information?

Thanks

DSH

How it's done:

• first set the ignition ON
• set the distance counter to ODO by pressing the distance counter knob
• set the ignition OFF
• set the ignition ON again
• press the distance counter knob again for 10 seconds
• close the seatbelt and keep the distance counter knob pressed in
• the display of the distance counter will show the tekst: "b - on"
• release the distance counter knob again
• press the distance counter knob again shortly to switch between:
"b - on" and "b - off" and set it to "b - off"
• set the ignition OFF again
• modification done

Not that I recommend this action.

I didn't know that it was possible to switch off the seal belt buzzer. How do you do that?

Sit in seat, pull seat belt across chest and lap and insert in to buckle.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :laughing:

Yep, follow instructions above will turn it off.

Thanks Raistlin,

I'll have a think about whether to turn the buzzer off or not.

DSH

The procedure is correct. It will only turn off the BUZZER, the light on the dashboard will keep illuminating.

The procedure is correct. It will only turn off the BUZZER, the light on the dashboard will keep illuminating.

Yes, thanks Jan. It's the irritating buzzer that I want to lose. Sometimes I have to get in and out of the car quite frequently (not on a public road) and buckling/unbuckling isn't practical but I hate listening to that buzzing noise.

DSH

• 8 years later...

There have been two occasions (yes, i am to blame) when getting low on petrol and also on a motorway.

Guage said 14 miles left and I thought OK I drive ecpnomically and get to my estination which was about 8 miles away.

To my horror, the guage then quickly goes to o miles left but with one bar left I did not panic. Then I DID panic as the one bar also disapppeared so I Had no real idea how l0ng I could drive or if would stop at any moment. Is this just a fault with my care please or any others experience similar?

Yeah, it's an annoying and increasingly worsening gripe with smaller Toyotas. In the petrol Yaris I last had I could do 300 miles on the first half of the fuel gauge and 80 on the last half! I've noticed the same thing with the Mk4 I now have as well - 370 miles on the first half and 130 on the second!

Apparently it's because the petrol tanks are V-shaped - Not actually literally V-shaped, but they're narrower at the bottom than the top so there is more fuel in the top half.

I don't know why they don't just calibrate it properly - The sender signal goes into the ECU anyway so why not add a correction curve or something?? Because of this I normally reset one of the trip counters when I refuel - That is a much better marker for when you need to get fuel, as you quickly learn roughly how far the car will go on one tank.

That said, Toyota tend to underestimate the remaining miles - You can often do 20-odd more miles still when you hit zero which should be enough to get to a petrol station; On my old diesel Yaris, when it hit the last flashing block on the gauge, I managed to do 100 miles before I chickened out :laugh: 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links