Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aux Port

Orta

Hi All! New to the forum and to the world of Toyotas.

I'm looking at a 2008 57-Plate Auris SR180. It ticks all the boxes for me. My question is, the model I've looked at doesn't have an AUX Port. I haven't burned/bought a CD in 3 years and I don't intend to little my cabin with them again.

I quizzed the sales guy (Main Toyota dealer) about an AUX port and whilst I couldn't get him to throw fitting a cable or anything as part of the deal he did say it was possible at an extra cost.

My question is, as I don't intend to get it done at a franchised dealer at some huge cost, is a aux cable/port/whatever DEFINATELY retro-fittable? I'm not going to take it down Halfords for them to fit something only to be told "Nope, you're gonna need a whole new stereo mate!".

And if it's definately an option anybody got some rough costs for me...? Or is it possibly a DIY jobbie?

Thanks all in advance! Giving the guy my decision on whether it's a buy yes or no tomorrow morning so could do with some feedback tonight! Cheers, ~Tom

Hi all,

I also have a 2007 Auris and would like to know if there is a way to get an Aux port in. Something about using the CD Changer port on the back of the stereo, though I would like to have a discreet input much like that have at the moment in the glove boxes or even put on in the the box under the arm rest in the center.

I saw some posts about 2-3 years ago and they did not seem to have much luck. Seems like toyota have a way of doing it so if anyone has any ideas that would be great.

Thanks

Frostyballs

That is the topic I was referring to about posts 2-3 years ago, was just hoping that being 2-3 years since that time there have been changes and someone has been able to get it done, and in such a way with a more discreet input

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Had the Toyota dealer sort this for me before purchase, it should cost £280+ for them to fit but I got it free with some negotiating. Essentially they jam the iPod input into the multi-changer port on the back of your head unit.

To say I'm pleased is an understatement. It's a proper iPod connector that outs in the little top glove box so my iPhone isn't on show, the cable charges your phone as well so no more having to use the 12v and cables everywhere and better still you can control the songs from your H/U or steering wheel!!

• 6 years later...

Hi all, I’ve only had my Auris 180 (58 plate) for a months and I love it. Performance is great, everything is great! It does say on the factory fitted stereo that it plays MP3’s but I can’t find any USB ports can anyone either tell me where it is or where to go from here? J

It does play mp3, but from a CD.

If you want usb/mp3 on it, you can buy adapter on eBay,aliexpress etc, usually around 20 GBP or so. 

Installation is easy, 1 cable, plugs into the back of the radio. You can do it from  inside the glovebox, so no need to take radio out.

If you have Toyota bluetooth kit installed, then the port is already used, you would need to get a Y splitter cable.