Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Polish

Monster-Mat

zymol

Autoglym, a bit pricey sometimes but a fantastic range of excellent products.

(God I sound like a salesman!)

I'd second Autoglym.

Andrew

i liked auto glym ... buit found Zymol

Autoglym was good and easy to apply.. howeevr did not leave the result as good as Zymol.

Autoglym left white residue especially round window rubbers... Zymol wipes off

Though i use alot of other autoglym products.

when your in Halfords next pick up a bottle and have a go.. you'll be surprised

Oh.. and I dont work for Zymol :D

I use a combination of two

1. first coat of Mer

2. I give a nice coat of Turtlewax Colourmagic

• 2 weeks later...

I am a Autoglym man myself,

Resin Polish

Glass Polish

Tyre Shine

It all fantastic gear.

The only thing is I want to rap the car in cotton wool after all that. :P

i use autoglym aswell,i also use Mer now and again but you have to be carefull with it as it contains a rubbing compond.........as Chris does its best to use it as a primary polish then finish with a good quality polish

i swear by autogylm, the polish then the extra gloss protection, very good stuff, wipe on leave 30-60 mins then wipe off! then next time it rains (usally 5 mins after you finish!) it beads fantasticly, first juntion or fast stretch and your motors dry also you can tell the difference when you wash your car the next time, the dirt falls of so easerly.:D

• 4 weeks later...

i'd challenge anyone to the pepsi challenge over auto glym

I used autoglym for years... this year tried zymol and was astonished at the results

plus also that coconutty smell is just sweet!

Originally posted by Steve

I used autoglym for years... this year tried zymol and was astonished at the results

plus also that coconutty smell is just sweet!

Steve, you haven't been drinking Zymol have you? :D

• 1 month later...

I use the following:

Klasse all-in-one polish+3 coats Klasse sealant glaze, every 3/4months.

Apply a coat of A1 speed wax about once a month- this is a pure liquid wax with no cleaning properties.

Meguiars gold class shampoo weekly-rich lather,slighly milder than Autoglym shampoo conditioner.

we use Autoglym at work- I find the super resin polish quite strong.

Peter

• 1 month later...

having used autoglym for years, after reading the posts here I decided to give mer a try as it said it could be used in the wet, so this Sunday a normal Yorkshire day wet cold and misserable, I washed and polished the TS, I was very pleased with the results given the poor conditions,

and I to was pleased with sweet smell of coconuts ;)

no mention of wonder wheels for the alloys yet ?

never had such an easy time cleaning off the brake dust and bringing a shine back to the wheels, followed by a nice wax of course :)

thats right "Mck Off", is a product from Halfords and all good cycle shops, that is a pre wash spray for mountain bikes, works great on anything with.............. yep you guessed it "muck" on it, cost the same as most other products like it, but as I have 3 bikes theres always plenty of it in the garage, you shold always test products like this on bits that are out of sight before you go mad with it, try it on your mates wheels and paint first :D lol

Hello all,I use autoglym,expensive then again i didnt buy it,a present from the other half.Better than a pair of pants.Well you could use the pants to polish the car.

I put Turtle Wax Tyre Extreeme(Bright Green Bottle)on my tyres.

Only Blokes could discuss this much over polish(beats talking about Big Brother)

Regards,Brian.:D

Hate to do it as I hate the program but just had the best convo with peeps in the house about big brother, comments about how this time round it's the smaller celebs, had to make the comment about Melinda "Call those puppies small, hate to see what he calls big !!!"

Oops, overstepped the mark again, sorry :D

• 7 months later...

ive used mer, Halfords high gloss, autoglym, and wonderwax, i found autoglym to be the best, i have thought about trying meguire but cant get it in my local car shop

Meguires. this stuff is amazing. I work in a car modding shop and loads of people have been converted over from Autoglym, Mer, Zymol, Turtulewax to Meguires. It is really good stuff and i cant streees enought the quality of the finish that you can achieve.

I did 4 cars in one morning last Sunday with their 3 stage polish. I didnt work that hard with them and the results were amazing

I've always used autoglym like what has been said the liquid wax is really good you can tell it's left a nice layer of protection on your car.

One thing i am struggling with is finding a decent product to restor the "gutter seal" :blink: the bit between the roof pannel and the side of the car. Its a rubbery plasticy type thingy :P on the Glanza.......

Any ideas?? :help:

Simon

I've always used autoglym like what has been said the liquid wax is really good you can tell it's left a nice layer of protection on your car.

One thing i am struggling with is finding a decent product to restor the "gutter seal" :blink: the bit between the roof pannel and the side of the car. Its a rubbery plasticy type thingy :P on the Glanza.......

Any ideas?? :help:

Simon

sometimes i use the stuff i put on the tires to blacken them up,dose'nt last very long though :crybaby:

no mention of wonder wheels for the alloys yet ?

never had such an easy time cleaning off the brake dust and bringing a shine back to the wheels, followed by a nice wax of course :)

Wonder wheels.... well there is a subject.

Don't get me wrong I use wonder wheels on my wheels!!!

But just a word of warning wonder wheels is acidic, you should only have it on your wheels for the shortest period of time that you can!!! If you have painted wheels it can over time eat through the lacquer!!

As for polish & stuff.... all I use is Autoglym. Have had a few problems sometime with the polish, it sometimes doesn't polish off properly and can leave my paint looking cloudy!!! Not always :unsure:

But I'm going to try something new soon!! My friend who painted my car is a House of Kolor agent, House of Kolour do a polish called Kosmic Shine. So far all I have heard is excellent reports bout it. But its £20 for a the bottle you see on the website!! :ffs:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links