Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Got A Savannah Metallic 4.2?

P11SCL

Hey guys, got a savannah metallic rav 4.2 ,

Trying to find out what the paint codes are, I think the savannah is 4r4 but not sure what the bumpers are as they are silver.

Any help would be great.

Ps I have looked in the door jam and there ain't a sticker, just the one for the tire pressures

Hey guys, got a savannah metallic rav 4.2 ,

Trying to find out what the paint codes are, I think the savannah is 4r4 but not sure what the bumpers are as they are silver.

Any help would be great.

Ps I have looked in the door jam and there ain't a sticker, just the one for the tire pressures

Hi Steven,

There should be a VIN plate near the Battery under the bonnet and it has all the vehicle numbers on it, including paint & trim codes.

As Jim says the colour code is located on the VIN plate, bottom row, first 3 digits. There is no colour code for the bumpers located on the car. Your best option to get paint for that is to go along to a local car paint supplier and get a swatch for the closest match as Toyota do not supply the bumper paint in touch up or spray

Kingo

PS Jim, this brew I made for you is going cold ;)

As Jim says the colour code is located on the VIN plate, bottom row, first 3 digits. There is no colour code for the bumpers located on the car. Your best option to get paint for that is to go along to a local car paint supplier and get a swatch for the closest match as Toyota do not supply the bumper paint in touch up or spray

Kingo

Well my Toyota dealer in Warrington said they do? He supplied me with

'GREY MICA MET.196' in touch up pencil and it matches the paint on my 2

tone Rav (see photo)

Steve

Well that might be the nearest colour, but they dont do specific touch ups for the bumpers. There are a myriad of silvers and we have often matched them, but some models are very difficult to match up, even the bodyshop swatch them to get the closest match

Kingo

Spoke to the dealership and gave them my reg and they said the bottom half would be 1d4 titanium metallic. Top half was savannah

Spoke to the dealership and gave them my reg and they said the bottom half would be 1d4 titanium metallic. Top half was savannah

Depending on if you are looking to respray the entire bumper or just partial, it could well be worth following John Kingos advice re swatch matching even if 1d4 IS the right color as there are in fact at least 14 different formulae just for the one colour that have been used by Toyota!

Kingo

Yes, but beer is best enjoyed cold, is it not? :drunk:

Ah, the smilies are back. All's right with the world.......

OK thanks for the help.

Kingo I sent you a pm

Well that might be the nearest colour, but they dont do specific touch ups for the bumpers. There are a myriad of silvers and we have often matched them, but some models are very difficult to match up, even the bodyshop swatch them to get the closest match

Kingo

Just FYI kingo if on certain models if you select front door panel and glass on EPC/Microcat there are several pages to view one of them is a chart listing main paint code and 2nd trim paint code

In the case of Savannah gold 4R4 is the main paint code and on a two tone car the sliver trims/bumpers is 1D4 silver metallic.

Devon

Thanks guys all this info has been great.

Kingo

As regards to the silver paint, I needed some silver for our 4.1 we use to own. Our local Mr.T was able to give us the paint code, then I went to a motor factors who where able to make me a large aerosol can. The paint was spot on shade.

Kingo

As regards to the silver paint, I needed some silver for our 4.1 we use to own. Our local Mr.T was able to give us the paint code, then I went to a motor factors who where able to make me a large aerosol can. The paint was spot on shade.

Mr T. used to supply proper little tins of touch-up paint with the cars he sells in France. We got them for our Yaris & our 5-dr RAV.

Nice touch (excuse the unintentional pun) that could be applied in UK? Wonder why they don't? It would be better for customer service than pushing that poxy Sureguard excrement.