Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Filter Help

ep82gt

Hello

Can someone please help me.

I am trying to find a air filter for my car as it's due for another service and last year I decided to skip this as toyota wanted too much for it.

Toyota wants £50-60 for a OEM panel filter.

I was hoping to spend a little more so I can re-use the filter in the future.... things like aftermarket panel filters or an induction kit.

I am having a hard time finding a panel filter which will fit from other sources besides toyota.

Can anyone help me?

Or can somone tell me what other toyota models shares the same engine so I can go to that forum and ask there.

Engine code is 3SZ-VE

Here is a photo of the engine and filter

IMG_1839_zps6739c7a3.jpg

IMG_1841_zpsb6022028.jpg

Thanks

If you let us know the year and model etc, you might have someone point you in the right direction ;)

Kingo

Well being an imported model your options are very limited, a genuine one is £58. You could import one from a Japanese site, or maybe USA but you would need to factor in postage and possible import duties. You could of course fit a custom filter IF you could get one made, but a custom filter is going to cost you a similar amount. I could get you a genuine one, you would get a bit of discount off it, I feel your choices are limited

Kingo :thumbsup:

Can you tell me what sort of lifespan does a genuine one has?

I do about 4000 miles a year so do you think this could last 2 years? or is it beat to change them every service?

This is why I am looking into getting a induction kit as I can wash them and re-use the, But I am not sure which ones will fit.

A genuine one should last you at least two years on your mileage, and probably a lot longer

You own a fairly obscure model, there are not thousands of them in the UK so you are not going to get an induction kit off the shelf (I doubt) so if you are not looking to spend much money I would bite the bullet and just buy a genuine filter and look after it (regular cleaning should see it lasting years on your mileage)

Kingo

Thanks for your advice

I am looking into getting a daihatsu materia kit as I believe they share the same engine but our air boxes are different size so I am not sure if the induction kit will matter.

Just 1 question, you said. ''regular cleaning should see it lasting years on your mileage''

How do you clean the OEM filters? do you just hoover it?

Don't get too hung up over cleaning it, twice a year take it out, remove dead flies, leaves and the like, give it a gentle tap and knock out the dust, put it back in and forget it til next time

Kingo

Ah cheers. It looks pretty clean under there besides going abit grey. I will let you know about the filter if I am going OEM route. just checking my other options first and look into the materia side :)

I dont know how accurate this is?

The 3SZ-VE is 1.5 L (1495 cc). Bore is 72 mm and stroke is 91.8 mm, with a compression ratio of 10.0:1 and redline of 6500 rpm. Output is 80 kW (109 PS) at 6000 rpm with 141 Nm of torque at 4400 rpm. It features VVT-i.

Applications:

Yeah forgot to say, I have a friend who works in a motorfactor and I have given him the materia blueprint item number, Then I have given him the measurement and the sizes are completely different :( I also asked a eBay seller who was selling a K+N panel filter for the daihatsu materia and the maesurement was also different.. :(

I think the info you have there is right, We do share the same engine but the problem is airbox is diiferent size

The Toyota part number listed is correct, it's just that the manufacturer have got the product listed incorrectly is my guess

Kingo