Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav 4.4 Euro Ncap Results

Parts-King

So to the uninitiated, Kingo min......are these results smashing?

Smashing..........gerrit eh eh?? I'm doing my best Mr Magoo impression to myself now :lol:

5 Stars, could do better on the pedestrian safety, although I do smile to myself, if ANY 4x4 was to hit a pedestrian, it would not be pretty

Kingo

PS. STILL without a good supply of emocions humph!!

Smashing..........gerrit eh eh?? I'm doing my best Mr Magoo impression to myself now :lol:

5 Stars, could do better on the pedestrian safety, although I do smile to myself, if ANY 4x4 was to hit a pedestrian, it would not be pretty

Kingo

PS. STILL without a good supply of emocions humph!!

Emocions is not a word.....they are, or WERE........emoticons. No wordly comments required.......WTF have they wented.....?

Emocions is not a word.....they are, or WERE........emoticons. No wordly comments required.......WTF have they wented.....?

Pick Knitter!!!

NCAP and therefore nearly all the vehicle manufacturers are currently focusing very heavily on pedestrian safety and in particular automatic pedestrian detection and avoidance.

The proposal is that in the next couple of years or so, your new vehicle will lose NCAP stars if it can't do this. The VMs don't like losing stars, hence the effort they are currently putting in.

There are various proposed test synarios with pedestrians, which your vehicle will probably have to score reasonably well on to get a points score which will mean you qualify for all the stars.

There is a team in Glasgow who play in the third division up here, and my wife would like to offer some of their supporters as Pedestrian Collision Testers........

Now there's a job with no future - NCAP pedestrian test operative :wacko:

Now there's a job with no future - NCAP pedestrian test operative :wacko:

No Cash After Participating.......?

• Like 1

No cash but a luxury ride in an ambulance with flashy lights and a siren, don't ask for a ride in the RAV, don't want any claret on the new seats :lol:

NCAP and therefore nearly all the vehicle manufacturers are currently focusing very heavily on pedestrian safety and in particular automatic pedestrian detection and avoidance.

The proposal is that in the next couple of years or so, your new vehicle will lose NCAP stars if it can't do this. The VMs don't like losing stars, hence the effort they are currently putting in.

There are various proposed test synarios with pedestrians, which your vehicle will probably have to score reasonably well on to get a points score which will mean you qualify for all the stars.

I'm inclined to agree with the J. Clarkson policy for minimising pedestrian injuries - roads are for cars, footpaths are for peds.

The NCAP should also test hitting a cyclist.

I got hit by a car last October whilst cycling at some 20mph. She was coming towards me turned right across my path. Although the impact was so hard it cracked the frame of my bike, I was fine because it was a wee car and because of the angle we made contact. (I suspect the angels were also working hard that day!). Had it been a Range Rover (or similar) it would have been a very different story. I caused her some £1000 of damage so that made me feel better. I also got shiny new bike on her insurance.

The NCAP should also test hitting a cyclist.

I got hit by a car last October whilst cycling at some 20mph. She was coming towards me turned right across my path. Although the impact was so hard it cracked the frame of my bike, I was fine because it was a wee car and because of the angle we made contact. (I suspect the angels were also working hard that day!). Had it been a Range Rover (or similar) it would have been a very different story. I caused her some £1000 of damage so that made me feel better. I also got shiny new bike on her insurance.

Jeremy would be appalled!

No cash but a luxury ride in an ambulance with flashy lights and a siren, don't ask for a ride in the RAV, don't want any claret on the new seats :lol:

Round yur folks throw themselves of their horses just to get a free ride in that red heckilopter

Round yur folks throw themselves of their horses just to get a free ride in that red heckilopter

Ma auld mate enjoys a wee whisky.....he'll be fine........