Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front Suspension Wish Bones

Nick1

Hi Everyone,

Well just had a nasty shock. I took our 2006 Yaris I bought a month ago to have its MOT done. It failed due to the Right Front Wish Bone bolts and bushes worn, but Left will require replacement before next MOT. £195 for Right or £345 for both. Shocking when car has only done 37000 miles.

Has anyone had the same problem , and does anyone know if their was a recall for this particular fault.

In Canada Toyota were aware and presently their is a law suit.

If I knew where to by the parts cheaply I would do the job myself.

If you bought from a trader, Sale of Goods Act (SOGAT) applies and the trader should repair it FOC.

Hi Michael,

Dealer sold car with 3 Month warranty. When I contacted company they say that because the wishbone is not damaged but bushes are worn ( not covered due to wear and tear) . Trader not interested as he sold car with warranty and 14 day no quibble money back guarantee. Buggered.

Nick The trader is talking bull excrement.

He is literally lying.

You have rights under SOGAT which he cannot - never ever - take away - and the law as it stands says effectively that as the fault occuued so soon after you bought it - the fault existed when it was sold.

Read

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/clutch-failures/

He is working on the basis you are a dumb consumer and don't know the law.. (well you don't - at present).

Read the above links.. and then reply.

He HAS to repair your car Free..

Edit

see also

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/advice/2010/09/buying/returning-a-car

From now on. keep a diary of who said what to whom and when .

• Like 1

Well it's not as simple as that, it should be, but never is

If you bought the car from a trader less than one month ago, then if the wishbones are worn and need replacing for the MOT, then the car was obviously not of merchantable quality when bought and was inherrantly faulty. You must go back to your dealer and give him the opportunity to put it right. He might fob you off, and this is where you need to hold your nerve, getting the work done and claiming the money back is likely to fail. You MUST put in writing, what is wrong with the car, why you expect him to pay (use the correct terminolgy, Sale of Goods Act, not of merchantable quality, inherantly faulty etc) Give him a timeline to complete the work (say 28 days) If he says no, then you are within your rights to reject the car. This is NOT as easy as it seems and should be avoided. If he says it is wear and tear you can say he sold it worn out, they would not wear out in one month. If he disputes the wear, have an independant inspection done. Ask him to pay, but if he wont, just tell him you will have it done yourself and recover the costs from him when you reject the car. Be firm, polite, put it IN WRITING tonight and send it recorded delivery, time is of the essence, good luck

Kingo

• Like 1

Thanks Everyone who has replied. I had to pay the £195 plus £40 MOT as my wife needs the car tomorrow. Replaced left suspension arm , but on MOT certificate it states the right will need to be replaced before next MOT.

I will email Trader to night quoting SOGAT in the hope that they repair the car.

I'll let you know.

Many thanks

Nick