Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Back Box Woes

Dave Evans

hi again all i have been fitting a new back box all day after getting the old one off which was a job and a half got the new one in place bolted up the 2 pipes bolts are as tight as they will go but the wire mesh gasket wont or hasnt squashed together so the 2 pipes dont meet sub the two pipes are wobbeling about like its a ball joint and the pipe is banging on the car the question is do i need new bolts or could i use just normal bolts to do the same job thanks again for all replys

when u say they r as tight as they will go r they only threaded so far down the shaft?? i know some cars have special bolts for the exhaust . does it look like they r special?? ie shape etc

havent done an exhaust on a toyota b4 from memory so cant be much more help

coop

hi mate yes they have a spring on them and only have a short thread so they only bolt up so far and its not pulling the pipes together enough to meet i just wondered if 2 normal bolts would do the job better

i would say that as they r sprung they need to be. double check everything is together as it should be otherwise try two new bolts however much they r. i take it u got a fitting kit with it surly that would of had the new bolts if u need em

coop

just a quick update i phoned the company i bought the backbox from to be informed that it is ok to use normal bolts as they do it on backboxes all the time went and bought 2 from a local shop for £1.50 job is now done and its working a treat thanks again for all replys

id ask them if they can give you that in writing that it will not affect the back box warranty from premature cracking at the flange if it is meant to be a flexi joint.?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links