Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1.4 T3 Corolla 100K Clutch Worries

Ajwhite7

Hey

I brought my 1.4 T3 with 99k on the clock, and the clutch is biting very high, but it only takes about an inch of movement from fully depressed for the car to roll, it has been fitted with a towbar which tells me the old user used to tow, which could have increased clutch wear, as to the squeaking my dad recons its the clutch release bearing, signs of a worn clutch basically, still drives fine, im obviously just a bit worried

Hi,

The squeaking, its it just when you press in the clutch pedal, if so its just a bit of lube around the pedal /plunger.

A worn/rumbling release bearing is often heard more when idling in neutral with your foot off the clutch.

While its running ok, get some quotes, starting with Mr. T , a lot of different prices out there - not really a diy /driveway job

Also if you drive far away, make sure you have breakdown cover to tow you home.

It happens when I built up a bit of revs and take off from a standstill or change gear with more revs

Hey

I brought my 1.4 T3 with 99k on the clock, and the clutch is biting very high, but it only takes about an inch of movement from fully depressed for the car to roll, it has been fitted with a towbar which tells me the old user used to tow, which could have increased clutch wear, as to the squeaking my dad recons its the clutch release bearing, signs of a worn clutch basically, still drives fine, im obviously just a bit worried

This post here is my definitive guide to curing the squeaky clutch.......

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=139332&hl=

My clutch felt as if it was on it's way out before I sorted it out, and 5 months later it still feels sooooo much better!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links