Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help! Clutch And Gears

Emma H

Hi :dontgetit:
I have recently had a new clutch installed on my gls 2003 yaris. It was rather soft when first driven however seems to have eased up! although, the gears are now becoming extremly stiff! to the point where i can hardly get my car into gear at all. this is becoming a massive struggle and concern as i dont know what the problem may be... can any1 give me any advice please???

Moved to Yaris Forum

Without further info, my first instinct would be to get the gear oil changed.

That said, mine was changed in the last service and it seems to have made the gears harder to shift into... :unsure:

Hi :dontgetit:

I have recently had a new clutch installed on my gls 2003 yaris. It was rather soft when first driven however seems to have eased up! although, the gears are now becoming extremly stiff! to the point where i can hardly get my car into gear at all. this is becoming a massive struggle and concern as i dont know what the problem may be... can any1 give me any advice please???

Does the clutch disengage fully when you press the pedal? i.e. is there any crunching when you try to select a gear? If that is OK, the cables need to be released at the gearbox, quite easy they are on top of the box to find out if the stiff operation is in the gear lever and cables or in the box itself. As a first stab, since you have had a new clutch fitted, I would bleed the slave cylinder.

Regards Geoff Peace.

• 2 weeks later...

clutch needs bleeding prob.may have been left to an ammature.check ur clutch fluid.youl have a break master cilynder and clutch master cilynder under the bonnet filled with oil in clear bottles.see if the clutch one has fluid in it.may have a leak.