Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Roadside Assistance

Lustral

Not sure if this is the right section to post for this question.

My Toyota is coming to almost a year old and i got through the post a renew notice for the Toyota Roadside Assistance which is £64

I havent had to use it at all 'touch wood' but what is the experience like for those who have got the Roadside Assistance package.

Also am i correct in assuming it only covers the Toyota in question and not any other vehicle, i.e with AA you have an option it covers any car you happen to be travelling in.

Thanks in advance.

What you have received is the "Club Toyota" renewal which gives you full AA cover at a greatly reduced price to normal AA membership and quite a few minor other benefits which you might care to use

It should all be explained in the renewal information

At £64 a year is a good price , but I have access to other cars , so I believe paying slightly more £85 per year, minus £42 quidco cashback , would be more viable for me as this covers myself regardless of what car I'm in.

Unless the Toyota RA covers myself in any car , the literature in the letter isn't clear and neither the online T&Cs

At £64 a year is a good price , but I have access to other cars , so I believe paying slightly more £85 per year, minus £42 quidco cashback , would be more viable for me as this covers myself regardless of what car I'm in.

Unless the Toyota RA covers myself in any car , the literature in the letter isn't clear and neither the online T&Cs

If you are not sure, why not give them a call to clarify? :)

Ill give them a call later on today

Unless they changed it, it the Toyota one only covers you in that car whereas regular AA/RAC/Greenflag/etc. membership generally covers the person no matter what car they are in.

That is mainly why the Toyota coverage is so cheap for that level of cover.

I still subscribe to it as it's a good deal, but if you drive other cars or get lifts a lot it might be better to have 'proper' coverage.

The Toyota one is basically covered by the AA so the service would be as good as the normal AA service (Haven't heard much about them since they changed; Used to be covered by the RAC and quite a few people were singing their praises on this forum back then!)

A good deal if you shop at Tesco, is to use their Clubcard vouchers for RAC membership which covers the person and not the car. £48 in vouchers for Roadside, Recovery and Homestart. Around £32 in vouchers for Roadside and Recovery.

Roadside Assistance is now a stand alone product - http://www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyota/bv/generic_editorial.jsp?navRoot=toyota_1024_root&CampaignID=&fullwidth=true&noLeftMenu=true&forceText=%3cnone%3e&edname=Owners-Info-RoadSide&zone=Zone+Ownership&id=Owners-Info-RoadSide#family_terms

Club Toyota was effectively replaced by Toyota Rewards at the tail end of last year, and is free to sign up to - http://www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyota/bv/generic_editorial.jsp?navRoot=toyota_1024_root&fullwidth=true&noLeftMenu=true&forceText=%3cnone%3e&edname=Owners-Info-Rewards&zone=Zone+Ownership&id=Owners-Info-Rewards

One thing to remember if you're changing your Toyota for a new one, is that you can transfer the remaining balance of your Club Toyota/Toyota Roadside Assistance onto your new car. Did this at the end of October, and ended up with two years Roadside Assistance.

Any other Toyota owner in your household can take advantage of a reduced rate of Roadside Assistance (53 pounds)