Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service Time - 4Th Service Already!

ihpj

It seems only recently that I posted about our Aygo's third service (and first MOT) and here we are again, approaching its 4th birthday...can't believe it's service time again!

This year it's almost done the full 10K between services, however it'll be one calendar year between services, so it'll need booking in early next month. Truth be told I nearly forgot to book it in!

Aside from the clutch on the MMT failing (but being replaced without any quibble under Extended Toyota Warranty) we've had another uneventful year. Reflecting on my previous comments, it'll no doubt be time to consider replacement as I dare not run this car without a proper warranty, primarily due to its MMT gearbox - which we absolutely adore.

Thanks to the Toyota GB service pack, there's no costs for us to bear for the service or MOT - and if anything is picked up, I know should be covered by the Toyota Extended Warranty :D

Happy and safe motoring people!

You're Toyota Extended Warranty also has MOT cover too, there is a list of parts covered in you're T & C's so if it does fail the MOT, and the part is covered, you will also get that done free too!

That level of cover just cannot be provided by "off the peg" warranties. Good luck to you!

Kingo :thumbsup:

The manufacturer MOT cover seems to work well. We had experience of this with a Honda which we had covered by a Honda extended warranty that included MOT cover. The car failed the first MOT on suspension bushes (cost 125 pounds plus fitting - 1997 prices), and the Honda MOT cover covered the replacement work for an excess payment of 10 pounds.

Quite right Kingo. Come service (and MOT) time I have no costs to bear - just need to book it in and forget :D

Pity I can't renew the warranty beyond 5 years though.

Quite right Kingo. Come service (and MOT) time I have no costs to bear - just need to book it in and forget :D

Pity I can't renew the warranty beyond 5 years though.

You can can't you???

An extended Warranty can be taken out at any time in the first eight years or 100,000 miles of your car's life. (From the TGB website)

Kingo

Thanks for that Kingo. I thought that the those cars which came with the old 3 Year warranty (like mine) could only go to 5 Years max?

If I could go more, then I'd be tempted. Our current plan to change is 5 years but given how well our Aygo is/has behaved we might reconsider :o)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links