Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Done My Cbt

dazwan

Just been out and done my CBT today and I loved it.

I've never ridden a bike in my life, but thought it was about time I started.

Great day for it (maybe a little too hot to be honest), I'm a bit upset now though because it's gonna be a good few months until I can afford a Motorbike to learn on :( .

Nice one. It's great riding bikes. :ph34r:

Passed my bike test before the CBT was introduced. Is it still a two part test for the full licence? I heard talk of new passes being restricted for a couple of years to a BHP ceiling, so they couldn't just pass the test and jump straight onto a Fireblade. Don't know if this was implemented though. (once I'd passed my test I stopped caring.)

See if your local council does a training course. I did mine like that and they have their own bikes for people who don't have them. OK you only get to use them once a week for a morning, but it's a really good way to learn. The instructors are all volunteers too, so they are training you because they want to, not for the dosh.

Get yourself an old, cheap 100 or 125 (if that's still the upper limit for a learner.) When you pass your test sell it. You won't lose out.

Rich

Yep I agree, nothing comes close and I mean NOTHING!

Better still do one of those courses that cost a couple hundred quid, might be more nowadays? You get to use their bikes and get through your test. I think they'd just started CBT's when I passed mine, now I feel old :(

...I heard talk of new passes being restricted for a couple of years to a BHP ceiling, so they couldn't just pass the test and jump straight onto a Fireblade. Don't know if this was implemented though. (once I'd passed my test I stopped caring.)...

Yes, if you do the test on a 125 once you've passed you are resticted to 33bhp (I think!) for 2 years. If you are over 21 however, and you take your test on a bike over 33bhp you can ride anything you like straight away.

I just wish I had the time and the money to do the 4/3 day crash courses, but at over £300 I'm going to be saving for a while before I can do that.

I just wish I had the time and the money to do the 4/3 day crash courses, but at over £300 I'm going to be saving for a while before I can do that.

Crash Course..........??????????? not the best choice of words there.

I'm not really sure how much you can learn on one of them. Sure, they get the test passed, but so do driving lessons.....they teach you how to pass a test, not necessarily how to cope with situations.

My bike training put more emphasis on safety, awareness etc. You are much more vulnerable on a bike and developing eyes in your ***** takes longer than four days.

Whichever way you learn though, you won't regret it.

Rich