Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Locks And Unlocks Tries To Turn Over But Won't Start

piesport

Hi i'm having trouble trying to find a solution, i replaced a micro button on the key fob, the buttons work fine locks and unlocks the car but the car will not start now. it attempts to turn over but does not start, im thinking the immobilizer, the red security light is flashing whilst im in the car trying to start it, is this normal? i don't recall. i rang toyota and they said 150 for a new key but i can't even get the car down there to do it, a call out locksmith said it would be 600 and toyota would charge 1500 for a new master key. any help on this would be amazing!

Hi piesport.

I checked on my 2004 'Rolla and the flashing red security light does go out when the key is inserted into the ignition, so it looks like an immobiliser fault.

When you say you fitted a new micro button to the fob, did this require soldering? If it did, then the heat of the iron may have loosened or allowed to move another component in the fob.

From what I know, there is a "reader" clipped around the ignition barrel so when you insert the key, it reads it and allows the car to start.

Looks like you may need to take a look inside your fob again.

Hope this helps.

Thanks i checked it all again and noticed a chip was on the desk thank you for helping so glad that's sorted. Get me a spare key

Good to know you got it sorted.

Thanks for letting us know too.

Rattus

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links