Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Average Fuel Consumption Per Trip

lavnam

I have bought a brand new Toyota Hybrid Auris after my Prius was destroyed in a crash. With the Prius I could display average fuel consumption per trip (A or B ) and could also display consumption history record per trip, indicating mileage per trip. In the new Auris all I can get is an average between resets, regardless of trips. The record displays the average for each reset but doesn't state mileage for each trip and there is no differentiation for trip A/B average fuel consumption. Pressing the display button on the dash board switches between trip A and B, but the average remains the same for both trips, while in fact this is not reality. This is worthless and doesn't give any indication of average per specific trip.

My question is: Am I missing anything? Can separate trips (A or B ) averages be displayed with mileage?

Thanks in advance for any information on the subject

HI Ronnie, your handbook should give information of what your display will cover Only a guess but would have thought it would have been the same on both cars. Your Prius seemed to have the same set up display wise as my Auris.

I too would have thought that the two cars post the same functions, however, the Auris manual is consistent with what I'm seeing in reality in the vehicle. (page 145 in Auris owners manual publication OM12G32E, part no. 01999-12G32 vs Prius owners manual page 205 publication OM47596E part no. 01999-4796).

Does anyone know if this works differently in other Auris Hybrid cars? Do you have a Hybrid Auris that works like the Prius in terms of average fuel consumption per trip mileage???

Thanks

Hi again Ronnie,

I would be better if you posted your questions on the HYBRID/TOYOTA PRIUS FORUM. as owners of all the hybrid models normaly post on there, so you should get the help you need. Good luck.

ps

My Auris is a 1.6 petrol model.