Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Many Miles Can You Get Out Of An Avensis?

Gabaunion

That avensis looks suberb. The body kit/trim looks just right.

Mo

+1

• 4 weeks later...

My last avensis was an 02 d4d sr model i bough it with 72000 miles and sold it with 298000 same engine and gear box,i changed it to a solid flywheel at 170000, i never had to put a spanner to engine other than change the oil and filters evrey 10000 miles it even had the origenal heater plugs.

list of major work done

cluch 170000

starter motor 170000

scv valves 190000

rear discs and calipers 210000

great car.

I think you were unlucky nuksooco buddy, I know 2 different Toyota mechanics from 2 different dealers and they said that they had hadn't seen a replacement - I hope they fixed your replacement?!!?

• 4 weeks later...

I've had my d4-d 6 years now 150k it's 04 plate. One starter motor one front bearing one injector and one air-con compressor , it's passed it's mot every time WITH NO WORK. BEST CAR ON THE ROAD. For me that is and still drives well and returns 50 MPG. End of story.ps look after your car and your car will look after you.

Do automatics also get this same kind of mileage on the original clutch?

Auto's don't have a clutch mate...

My 2001 D4-D Estate has done 186411miles (300000km), and almost everything works perfectly (except for minor faults). :)

Look no further 35k miles is all I got from my 2nd engine from and fitted by Toyota that's not good in my book.

Was that a dealer repaired engine buddy or 3/4?

Hi everyone yea mine was a toyota factory fitted 3/4 block and lasted for 35k miles the car was looked after very well and had 3 Toyota services on it in those 35k miles so let's just say I was disappointed. Have the head skimmed now and it's running we'll so far :)

Yea mate it's crazy for sure, can't beat the old model a lady down the road with a old model uses it as a taxi with 376k and only ever had to change light bulbs. It's a petrol though!! No carbon build up there,

When I got mine skimmed the mechanic had to scrape the carbon off the pistons, should have taken photos and posted them never thought of it at the time.

Mines 2004 2.0 d4d with 302,640 same engine,turbo,gearbox and all that, has had new rad, alternator and starter. Also on its second clutch that was changed at 180,000. Going strong and pulling well and still comfy at that. tho I am upgrading a few things like silver trim and arm rest. Love the space in the estate and my dad is missing the space compared to the hatchback TR hes had a few months now

I used to work in the RSA as a mechanic, and I can assure every one that the African continent is a very car hostile place, the roads are either bad or just not there. The cars and trucks I worked on varied on a weekly basis.

I have seen cars, pickups and trucks held together with nothing but steel wire, self welding jobs that would make any metal smith cry with sorrow at the sight of it, fuel tanks that had at least an inch or more of silt in the bottom of it, fuel systems that had pieces of garden hose spliced in to replace the broken and worn down pipes, fuel systems without fuel filters because the owners can´t afford to buy a replacement so they just get rid of it. Air filtration systems without airboxes or even filters in them. In all this I can promise everyone that the only cars that survived this kind of butchery were the Toyota´s, the other car makes simply just died, the German makes held ou OK, but the Toyota´s kept going.

So I am sure that if someone drives a Toyota and they look after it, it will last a long time.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

What about mazda. My neighbour has ford pickup (shared with mazda) he said it uses bongo engine so non interference etc ;)

A friend has a 53 reg 2.0d4d. Like a skip inside but has 230k under its belt and just got through the mot with no advisories.

Keep them coming guys! would be nice to know what you have replaced/fixed too.

2007, Tspirit estate. ~170000

Turbo changed @90000 (under warranty)

Break calipper @90000 (under warranty)

Water pump circa 70000 (under warranty)

Still going strong and also towing from time to time.

• Like 1

2.0 d4d T3X 2004 04 reg

Starter motor @ 85k

1 injector. @ 120k

Rear brake caliper @ 130k

Air con compressor @135k

158k still driving like new, nearly new!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My 1.8 ,04 petrol avensis did 123,000 miles mostly shortish journeys on twisty A roads, only seeing a motorway 2or3 times a year.

it needed a re-con gearbox at 80,000 miles. It was however using more and more oil after 100,00 miles. never needed toping up before then, now it was using around a litre per 1000 miles.

Except for that it still felt like a fairly fresh car..

• 4 weeks later...

My much loved Avensis d4d tr said the range of a full tank would be 530miles, when i bought it at 29,000, it now says from a full tank that it would be 444miles!,

Due in for a major service in the next 1000miles, wondered if this might restore it to its former high mileage glory?

• 1 month later...

My 05 D4D T3x has 161000 miles on the clock. Not too much work required until car hit 150k.

Pre-150k

Intake shutter valve sensor

Clutch and Flywheel

Split Air piping (£70 for a piece of rubber tubing!)

Front driver side wheel bearing

Normal servicing and timing belt

Post-150k

Another clutch and flywheel

Gearbox Input shaft

Power steering pump

Air con unit (bypassed with a shorter belt)

Things going well now and planning to clean EGR again soon

• Like 1

319,000 miles on mine and still going strong

1998 Avensis, 1.8 7A-FE leanburn engine, GLS, 123000+ miles Running well with only a sticky starter motor when very cold.

Body in very good condition, but need replacement door rubbing strips. Everything works though the sun roof needs a bit of help to slide open - tilts fine.

Goes well on the motorway and on a trip to NEC Focus on Imaging last week plus, local town driving, have done 325 miles and petrol guage is showing just under half a tank!

I will hope to keep it for a few more years, but anything can happen.

Sounds like an advert.

Update.

Car has now done more than 135000 miles. Since then I had to replace both front wheel bearings, and more seriously had the transmission rebuilt, including the clutch. http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/157234-possible-gearbox-bearing-failure-on-1998-18-7a-fe/page-2

Apart from a dent in the front wing the body is in good condition and the exhaust is still original.

The car is running great and very smooth.

Konrad