Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Many Miles Can You Get Out Of An Avensis?

Gabaunion

Just a 1990s Toyota doing what 1990s Toyota's do.

1.jpg

• Like 2

My 2005 d4d has 223,000miles done. I'm the second owner and since I've had it I put 2 timing belts onto it and changed the usual brake pads/discs, bushes, tie rods etc but it's still going strong. My mechanic the last day said it's worth nothing at this stage so I said I'd drive it until it stops. He said "you'll be driving it for a long time so" 😀😀

At the moment mine have done 181,000 miles (almost 290 000 km) and im driving about 2,000 miles a month now, so it´s adding up quickly

My 54 plate d4d has just reached 249,000 miles. Still going strong. Will post a photo of the 250,000 milestone

im 10k from 200k on my 1.8 , its currently on my drive waiting for the new starter motor to arrive , the solenoid packed up but i figured id swap out the whole unit as its still the stock one ,

My 2.0 d4d will outlive me i reckon,it's only done 59000 odd miles and fully genuine at that on a 06 plate..:D

My 2.2 tourer has only done a light weight 60k miles . But I've had a new company van every 4 years for the last twenty years each one left ticking over all day or being redlined in every gear all the time fully loaded with all my tools and gear each van covered 100-150k miles 3 fords transits rear wheel drive and front 2 Renaults traffic and master never broke down never had a clutch only a service once a year never checked the oil or water once .just got a new transit last year already done 20 k not missed a beat yet . The car I drive carefully as it's the wifes and i check everything once a week. I would thrash it but it's to quick and I want to keep my license lol .

• 4 months later...

My father has a 2001 avensis with over 600,000 and going like a mouse chewing paper  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

'How Many Miles Can You Get Out Of An Avensis?'

73,672 miles to a blown motor.

kaput.png

• 4 months later...

I got mine a couple weeks ago, it had just gone over 55,000 miles so a long way to go if other posts in this thread are any indication

FTSH, as far as I can tell no major work been done to it by previous owner who had from new

SO far all Iv done is get a nice gold level valet done :D

I'm expecting to change the front brake pads at least within the next few months; they squeak on slow braking which I expect to be either some stuck dirt or sub standard pads by last owner

I’ve got a 56 plate with 126k on it and it drives perfect...I have a 2012 insignia which has proved to be far inferior to the Toyota and I’ll be chucking that in probably this weekend. If you look after them they go forever

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

88,000 on the clock from new in D4D Avensis Tourer. A mere baby in comparison to previous posters. Neighbours round about all with new f-pace Jag, BMW X3, Skoda Superb L&K etc but I'm going to soldier on for quite a while it would seem as I love this car and would not change it for the world (or the dealer for that matter).

• 1 year later...

Mines on 154k. 2.2d4d.2006 Tspirit tourer.  Had a factory recall at 79k....moody batch out of factory identified. Lower block replaced.  On original clutch,  wheel bearings etc...... It's a tourer so grt load space, saved fortune on skips. Only now replacing alternator. Great customer service at Toyota Chelmsford.  Thoroughly recommend as a grt value second hand purchase.

• 1 month later...

my oldest one 55 plate 2.0 d4d 350k, does a hard 1000 mile a week and only just done the clutch on it now! that's why I'm slowly changing my fleet of taxis to them. 

• 5 months later...

My mark 1 Avensis bowed out with 201,000 miles this July. The underside corrosion was beyond sensible repair. I ran out of bodywork before mechanicals. 

This car has been superb. Bought in 2012 with a full history with 141,000 miles. 

IMG_20190718_074046.jpg

IMG_20190718_143952.jpg

1998 mk1 avensis gls 2.0 petrol 

bought in 2017 with 103,000 genuine miles on her. Now has 127,000 going like a dream. Returns 500-540 miles every tank of driven economically. Beautiful old car , gets what it wants before it wants it. 

Waterpump etc changed as a precaution when bought. Can’t fault the old car at all bar a temperamental interior dome light (common niggle) 

the avensis certainly has a charm to them and not only lived up to the predecessor carinas reputation for a well built charming work horse but built there own legacy. 

Interior is like new and mechanical. Body is showing small bubbling but will be repainted in the future. I won’t let the body kill a ledgend !

thanks 

BABA7AB6-3DBB-4E12-9341-1962B557E507.jpeg

A984C32F-1145-42F6-AE7F-0C20D35D7A99.jpeg

• Like 1