Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Auris Hybrid On Order

ToyotaAurisHybrid

Hello everybody,

I joined the forum last weekend, as I've just ordered an Auris Excel Hybrid with nav through the lease scheme operated by my employer. The order was placed yesterday, so just waiting for a predicted delivery date now.

Can't wait to join the hybrid revolution :gora:

Happy motoring with your new car.

Hope that you enjoy the car. If you have never experienced a hybrid before, you will find some pleasant surprises. The most surprising thing which still catches me out is not being able to hear the engine. :)

My wife was given both a prius then an auris last year while her car was being repaired. A hybrid has been on our wishlist since then :-)

Hope you enjoy it....I certainly enjoy mine (1st generation)

Hope you enjoy it....I certainly enjoy mine (1st generation)

Thanks - can't wait to get the call with a delivery date :clap:

Hello David

You should delight in your new acquisition from whatever you are upgrading from.

I've just gone from an Auris HSD 1st Gen to an Auris Icon HSD 2nd Gen.

HSD is an experience that will take you time to evaluate - say 18 months at least.

Not only driving techniques but ambient daily temperatures are key.

Get involved - press all the buttons - try all the options - and hopefully settle for your personal options.

Do not rely on the onboard readouts for MPG etc, I have found they are grossly over optimistic.

Example:-- Last tank full [360 miles]:-- Computer gave me a MPG of 56+.

Tank to Tank result 48 MPG by arithmetic calculation . The worst result I've had from any HSD!!.

On driving home from refill my computer gave me a 60.1 mpg, !! - Pull the other one it's got bells on.

OH!! and make sure you have breakdown insurance as you haven't got a spare wheel.

Yes - Yes - there is an electric pump and a 'get you home gunge' tin for minor tyre repairs, but it won't cope with major casing/wheel damage, we are then talking recovery - to where? back home - your destination - your local garage - nearest tyre agent - Join the great spare wheel debate [Google It] ??

So far despite the negatives an interesting and super car that I can't think of a better replacement for it.

TerryB

Hi Terry, the dash design is VERY different on the new one isnt it, which makes it feel more Lexus, would you say? As a Gen 1 owner, be great to see a full appraisal of old vs new when you have time

Cheers

Thanks Terry - one of things I'm really looking forward to is seeing what kind of mpg I can squeeze out of it!

Welcome to the foum and congratulations on your car choice.

I would just throw in a warning not to raise your expectations on mpg too high. You may find it is initially well down on what you are hoping for because it is still winter (when the consumption increases) and the car is new. When the warmer weather coimes and the car frees up you will find it improves dramatically. It will also improve as you get the hang of using the instruments to adjust the way you drive. Take care - chasing good mpg can become addictive.

Hi Terry, the dash design is VERY different on the new one isnt it, which makes it feel more Lexus, would you say? As a Gen 1 owner, be great to see a full appraisal of old vs new when you have time

Cheers

Hello Hicardo, finaly got around to your request as follows :--

Overall the Icon is a much better car than my previous AurisT3 and despite my diatribe below I am very pleased with it and glad I upgraded for the following reasons.

PLUS reasons :--

Steering – Lighter, more responsive and better feedback.

Brakes – Better progressive feel and consistant feedback. Hand brake has lighter operation and comes more naturally to hand.

Engine – Quieter, re-programming on the Engine Management software is obvious once you drive it.

Ride/Suspension/Tyres – Softer – Quieter – Comfier feel - Less road noise. 15” wheels with higher profile tyres must help this but also

provide better protection to the wheel rim edges. I kerb scuffed all my wheels on the T3.

Body – The bigger boot – Sleeker look – Improved rear seat back retainer catches – Seats [front] more supportive.

The reversing camera is good once you get the hang of it.

Removal of those front quarterlights improves forward view.

Overall driving experience a noticeable improvement.

MINUS points :--

1. Door mirrors no longer electrically retractable only manual. [This is a feature I used extensively in my communal car park.]

2. The introduction of the 'Touch Screen' for Audio/Phones/Settings etc-etc is an abomination. It's like having a Windows 8 Tablet

screwed to the dash, with some repeated buttons on the steering wheel. Good fun for the passenger but lethal for the driver.

To give you some idea of the complexity of the thing it has it's own manual that runs to 116 pages, and 108 if you have a sat-nav!!!

3. I wanted front parking sensors [because of my crowded car park] but had to get the whole 'Intelligent Pask Assist' package. [Haven't

tried that yet !!]

4. The new dash is a bit of a disaster, looks sort of cobbled to-gether late on Friday afternoon, not as logical as the T3 for me. However

the face vents are better.

5. No spare wheel [just a repair kit]

Minor 'in-cab' moans :--

1. The clock is in front of the passenger !!

2. The heater controls are minute and below the Windows 8 Tablet thingy so are very hard to see and read, you do learn to remember the position of them and you get a read out on the Tablet thingy for a couple of seconds after making an adjustment if you happen to look that way.

3. The parking sensor switches are hidden below the steering wheel

4. Less storage space in the cab, only one glove compartment – smaller door pockets – centre console smaller.

5. [Transmission] Shift Lever has been reversed. It was ergomonomically incorrect anyway on the T3 i.e., Push lever forward 'R' to go BACK and Pull lever backwards 'D' to go FORWARDS. Now they've changed it so the N [Neutral] defaults to Left instead of the Right for whatever reason, and left the D and R positions the same ??

6. Multiple changes to the dash information and warnings, temperature gauge gone, but we have an analogue fuel gauge, needs complete

relearn.

MINOR 'in cab' Plus Points.

1. FM - AM - and DAB radio – MPG play from a memory Stick.

2. Useful new lane change indicator feature, move the stalk to the first position and release it and it does three flashes and self cancels.

3. Improved simpler rear window wiper/washer switching.

4. Heater has a 3 fan speed selector that does't interfere with the Auto setting.

5. Green 'Economy' light gone and replaced with an 'EVO” light when driving on Battery power alone.

6. Hybrid Indicator System needle glows red when the Power zone is entered.

Personally I would like to see more of the present standard equipment offered as accessories or extras.

For example I would opt out of the 'Touch Screen' - 'Intelligent Park Assist' - and go for a 'Spare Wheel' - 'Electric parking mirrors'

Don't be put off by this report however as it is in the main subjective and I'm still Very Happy.

Cheers TerryB :flowers:

,... so just waiting for a predicted delivery date now.

Hi David,

Have you been given a delivery date yet?

I have just been to place an order and was told that the lead time for the Hybrid Excel would push delivery to the first week in June - and so the dealer wouldn't be able to do the offers that they have on as they only run to March 31st.

Cheers,

Colin

Hi Colin,

No, no news on a projected delivery date yet I'm afraid - just the usual "it may take between 12-14 weeks from the order date" standard response from the fleet company thus far.

As soon as I do hear, I'll be sure to post on this thread.

Did you go ahead and order anyway?

David

Did you go ahead and order anyway?

Not yet. I wanted to place an order for a Yaris for my better half at the same time and there is still some discussions about the dealer matching the price from Drive The Deal.

They are trying to use the fact that the car won't come in until June to get away from a) matching the price, & b) offering the current finance deal.

Plus the fact that the dealer principal ***really*** annoyed both me and my wife with his awful attitude - he completely destroyed the rapport and good work that the two showroom reps have built up over the last week.

And I'm still angry now - just in case no one noticed!!! :blowup:

Is taking your business to another dealer local to you an option - that would be my first course of action. What's more, I'd be up front and tell them why you are doing that too - too many of them are allowed to treat people like the dirt on their shoes. It's your hard earned cash and it's your choice who to spend it with.

Probably doesn't help you right now, but that's what I'd be minded to do..........you have the power!!!! :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went into the local Toyota dealer yesterday with the better half for another look at the car we have ordered. The salesman told me the factory has told them to tell private customers a max of 7 weeks from order to delivery, but in reality it's being about 4 weeks.

As I'm more than 2 weeks down the line now, hopefully a May delivery date worst case should be possible....sooner I hope!

Not long now! :D

When it arrives at the garage, on pick-up, be careful to spend time giving it a proper once / twice over.

I love my IQ, but the new car experience was spoiled a little, when i arrived home in different light to find both a paint blemish and a chip on the bonnet. The dealer sorted it professionally a few weeks later, BUT nevertheless it kinda took the shine off the new car experience somewhat. Lesson learned though: I'll spend a lot more time checking the car over properly next time. :ph34r:

Cheers....will do

I ended up ordering from another dealer - Premier Toyota in Llandudno - I ordered both the Yaris and Auris last Friday (22nd March), the Yaris was picked up yesterday and the Auris was still showing delivery to dealer on the 12th April.

I would have thought yours would have been a similar lead time, the only reason mine is taking so long is because I've gone for the panoramic roof.

I ended up ordering from another dealer - Premier Toyota in Llandudno - I ordered both the Yaris and Auris last Friday (22nd March), the Yaris was picked up yesterday and the Auris was still showing delivery to dealer on the 12th April.

I would have thought yours would have been a similar lead time, the only reason mine is taking so long is because I've gone for the panoramic roof.

I saw you'd taken your business elsewhere in your thread.......well done for sticking to your guns.

I really hope mine comes around the same time as yours.....seeing one again yesterday just made me want it even sooner! Ours only has the sat nav as an option.....standard otherwise. I'll be interested to hear how you find the pan roof as that's one option we considered but didn't follow through.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE - still no news on a projected delivery date, so I called into the dealer I 'think' it will have been ordered through to do a little digging :g:

.....which got me nowhere!

Apparently the fleet person wasn't in today and nobody else could help........left my name and number for them to call me on Monday, but I won't be holding my breath.

Finding this all very frustrating now :sneaky2:

Tell me about it. What do they say about a watched kettle never boils? Next week seems so far away!

The really annoying thing, I have just found out that my dad ordered a GT86 ***today***, and it is being delivered next week.

Yet I have had to wait almost 3 whole weeks for my car?! How is that even remotely fair?

Arghhhhhhhh!!!

Mmmmmm, nice!

Don't forget to let me know what your auris is like when you get it.....your odds on to beat me to it now 😀

Ok - rang the fleet company at lunchtime today as I couldn't bear it any longer. The bloke I spoke with said according to his sytem, the car is due to arrive at the dealers in 'mid-April', so it should be there some time next week he reckoned..........

Needless to say I was well chuffed with that, just hope it comes to fruition now :driving: and that my days of gear changing are coming to an end!

As well as forgetting how to use the gear lever, there is also the light switch to forget. And then the windscreen wipers, the accelerator pedal (if you use cruise control), the heating controls....

I love anything automatic!

• Like 1