Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radiator Problem

Pete W

Sorry to come into the discussion a bit late but i would like to put my experiace of Bars seal.

Many years ago i brought a Kenlow fan for a mk 3 cortina i owned then.

the fan swiching on and off was controlled by a sensor thingy that fitted under to top hose on rad. The cappillary fitted into small rubber tube that went between the hose and rad Although i fitted these parts as directed the top hose still had a small leak.

I phoned Kenlow and explained the trouble i was having and they advised using Bars Seal. they told me i would do the cooling system no harm and said many car cooling systems have this added on the assemly line just incase there are small leaks on say the heater radiator which would mean a major strip down.

Several years later i was talking to a production engineer at an opticians who i think was from Bedford lorries that was.

I mentioned about i once had a Mark 3 cortina and told him how i fitted a elecric fan. The dicussion got around to the leak i had and me adding Bars seal to the coolant.and how i was told that its used on some assembly lines.

He said that was true that DOGS !Removed! as he described it was widly used in the motor trade for small leaks.though no good for say any movement is present from where the leak come from.

I will just add that that i kept that Cortina for about 5 years and 50000 miles and had no further leaking from that hose or any trouble from the cooling system

What i did have was a replacement rear axle due to the failure of the roller bearings in the axle that were made in Japan. All done under warranty thank goodness.

well next time i go to godstone ill have to come along the a22 and call in and see what they say

Got a good second hand rad from scrappy today, came with fans fitted, so should be a straightfoward swop. Does it matter which antifreeze i use, or are they all the same?. Thanks.

i asked ajays if i could use red oat they said yes.... but i dunno if that is the recomended one or not.

coop