Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hands Free Kit, Trim Removal ?

Ianmartin

Hi, I have a Avensis Spirit 2004 Diesel and the last owner had a hands free phone kit installed, its quite a old unit, I have managed to remove about 3miles of wiring so far , there is the original steel bracket that held the phone sticking out from the small gap between the left of the Heater front and radio and the side trim pannel , it is firmly fixed.

I can not see how to release the plastic moldings or remove the raido or heater controls if that is what one has to do?

I have had the glove box off but could not see any clips or release points.

Has any body had the pannels off that could help.

Cheers

Ian

Redditch.

Mine is a 2007 model but it might be the same - for my car you have to pop out the plastic trim around the gear stick first. It feels like it will never pop out but some gentle manipulation with a plastic ruler normally does the trick. You will then see the lower fixings for the radio/heater console. Top fixings can be reached by removing the trim that stretches from the passenger heater vent to the centre console. Same method of removal applies.

The pre-facelift is the same. Start at the passenger end of the fascia trim, and at the handbrake end of the surround, as described above.

Thanks Devon, Alan , Plasma 99, the external link was just what I was looking for, and where to start , i will give that a go next weekend and report back.

many many thanks

Ian

Reditch

Hi Ian, I've just written a guide to taking the stereo out of these - it's not exactly what you're after, but if you (or anyone else) is still needing help, the pictures might be useful as to how the whole dash comes apart. :)

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?app=tutorials&article=19

Cheers

Tony

Hi, followed the guide came out very easy, no problems at all, just watch out for the sharp corners of the metal pressings.

Thanks again

Ian