Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4.4 Names

anchorman

Not really sure about this naming game. I've always related to the numbers and letters so I though I would give my options to the names that are clearly aimed at the US market. What might be better? The current line up......

Active

Icon

Invincible

I suppose the stick in the mud would be;

XT3

XT4

XT5

What about names to reflect the potential buyer?

Grafter - for the hard working bloke who can just about afford a mortgage and the payments on a RAV.

Scrounger - a mid range spec with more than enough room to run a benefit cheat and his 7 kids down town for his income support.

Politician - Top of the range fully loaded with all extras and a free trip to the Toyota Plant in Japan, 2 nights in the Tokyo Hilton and 3 weeks in the Maldives - Note, shows up on the invoice as "Office Stationary".

Place names.............

Toxteth (its a joke before you petrol bomb me)

Milton Keynes

Knightsbridge

Traditional

L

GL

GLS

Holiday destinations............

Morcambe

Majorca

Miami

Stop Press

It has been revealed that a number of 4.4s have been lost from the Pride of Nippon in rough seas. However, Toyota thought that they may be of interest as novelty items even though the cost of recovering them from the ocean floor would be very high. So if you have a starting price of £50k you can have a 4.4 with water swilling around the footwells, pretty bad electrical faults, advanced corrosion and various fluid leaks. You can choose from............

Defender

Freelander

Evoke

Can you believe it, they are already patented.

Your suggestions please.

• Like 1

I take some blame for this.....he previously thought Balvenie 12 yrs. Old was a relatively new golf course in Fife........

What might be better? How about TWS - Total Waste of Space.

Sorry chaps but, having now seen the 4.4. in the metal, I wouldn't have one if they gave it to me.

Not really sure about this naming game. I've always related to the numbers and letters so I though I would give my options to the names that are clearly aimed at the US market. What might be better? The current line up......

Active

Icon

Invincible

I suppose the stick in the mud would be;

XT3

XT4

XT5

Except in the US they use LE, XLE & Limited & on the continent they use Live, Active & Lounge

Invincible is most certainly a UK derived name it was introduced after Top gear tried & failed to destroy a Hilux

Why the top spec in the US for a lot of makes is a "LIMITED" I have never understood?

Oh aye so they do and Limited seems to suggest just the opposite of top of the range to me.

BTW, if you hit a car once with a wrecking ball and it bggrs it, thats not good telly, especially Top Gear where 3 overgrown kids have to talk drivvel for an hour just to sell the program to the Chinese.

• Like 1

Why the top spec in the US for a lot of makes is a "LIMITED" I have never understood?

Exactly Hoov

Was not sure about the name Invincible but time will tell if it is !

Must say it is very good, smooth and quieter than the T180 - 6 speed auto is superb - my previous cars of some years ago were all 3 speed autos - 7.2 litres in the Jensens did not need any more due to the huge torque.

Front seats are very comfordable and hold you in better than the previous ones. Instruments and switches take a bit of getting used to - back lifting door if very good but must take care not to use it in my garage or it will hit the up and over door !! The extra 10 inches or so makes it very tight in my garage which is very short.

Anchorman has promised to take some photos but it is not going out in the snowy conditions this morning.

Guy

Exactly Hoov

Maybe the US think of it as a limited edition so more exclusive,it works both ways

Del

Quote - back lifting door if very good but must take care not to use it in my garage or it will hit the up and over door !!

Guy, the salesman told me there is an intermediate memory setting for just that reason. I guess it still relies on the user to remember that the car is inside though........................