Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where Is My I Pod Connection

belknap

hello

just joined the forum and only got my rav 4 xt5 yesterday ...i am amazed that it hasnt got a connection for a i pod or am not finding it ? anyone tell me please ..the car is 2007 model xt5 ..thanks

Welcome to the club....

Great car choice. same as mine. You'll love it.

It will only have the ipod connection if it's been specifically added. I believe it will either be in the glove box or in the elbow support thingy..

Webs

yes your right it hasn't got one ....very strange !!!

yes your right it hasn't got one ....very strange !!!

Try this from past postings.

Replacement Stero Or Ipod Connection Started by Mtalhead72, Jan 17 2013 09:00 PM

thanks brian, but i cant see any post relating to my question about i-pod in rav ?

thanks brian, but i cant see any post relating to my question about i-pod in rav ?

My 2007 XT5 is fitted with the B9004 Sat Nav unit and basically you do not have the facility to play an Ipod unless an upgrade has been fitted. What I had to do was buy the extra kit and then fit it as a plug in behind the unit. You have to remove it from the dash to do this.

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1439.l2649

Check this out and you will see what was needed. When fitted, if you press the CD button twice it looks for any auxilary input.

There are many good strings in the club covering unit removal and replacement and I do not doubt that several offers of help will follow if required.

Good Luck

Brian

• Like 1

FWIW, unless you REALLY want to use your iPod in the car, then it may be better to consider using MP3 encoded CDs instead - with a MP3 CD you will almost certainly get proper info on track name etc on the display. With the iPod connection it is a bit of a throwback to the early 2000's in terms of useability and no comparable to modern head units with iPod Connectivity built in.

I have had the Toyota iPod adapter on two different RAV4s, as well as two head units that had direct iPod connectivity and the former was in comparison total pants compared to the 'real thing'

• Like 1

I had similar problem. I have on my 2007 T180 navigation gen5. nad no USB and AUX input.

So I bought this: 100 eur

http://www.dension.com/de/produkt/gateway-lite-gwl3xxx

and installed it in 5 minutes , you put your USB stick in or ipod connector and you have to press DISC twice to get to device.

Only one problem: IT DOES NOT have text.

SO now I have on 32GB stick more than 1000 songs I had to have a playlist printed in the car. with 20 folders.

• Like 1

My 2007 XT5 is fitted with the B9004 Sat Nav unit and basically you do not have the facility to play an Ipod unless an upgrade has been fitted. What I had to do was buy the extra kit and then fit it as a plug in behind the unit. You have to remove it from the dash to do this.

Check this out and you will see what was needed. When fitted, if you press the CD button twice it looks for any auxilary input.

There are many good strings in the club covering unit removal and replacement and I do not doubt that several offers of help will follow if required.

Good Luck

Brian

ok yes got it .thanks brian ...they do a conversion at my local toyota garage so phone call tomorrow to check on price but it looks like it comes through the glove box

Good Luck

Brian

ok yes got it .thanks brian ...they do a conversion at my local toyota garage so phone call tomorrow to check on price but it looks like it comes through the glove box

The kit is about £140 and is easy to fit yourself if reasonably competent. See here:

iPod PZ473-00261-00 AIM 000881-0.pdf

Welcome to the club....

Great car choice. same as mine. You'll love it.

It will only have the ipod connection if it's been specifically added. I believe it will either be in the glove box or in the elbow support thingy..

Webs

you were right about it being in the glove box ... that's where they put the connection when you buy the upgrade

O.K.. Using a B9004 with the Xcarlink and Iphone4S.

Setup. With the radio out, I drilled a hole in the top left hand corner of the cubby hole infront of the gear lever. In a previous life this was probably the pull out ash tray. I pulled the iPhone lead out out through this and initially stood the phone upright in the cupholder. I then stuck the carlink to the top of the cubby hole and replaced the radio.

Operation. Playing with the setup, it appears that if you just connect the phone and then switch on the radio and double click the CD button, the radio plays the phone from where ever it left off and you can just track up or down on the wheel. I have not yet worked out where it jumps to.

However, if you turn the phone on and select music before the radio is switched on, the music selection on the phone stays valid and you can choose music at will using the music icons on the phone. As normal, after a few moments the phone screen switches off and goes blank. If you then scroll up or down on the wheel it comes back on showing the album and song title being played. You can also just touch the phone screen and it comes back on line and you can then scroll through your albums and choose a new song.

Obviously any responsible driver would not do this whilst driving.

Regards

Brian

O.K.. Using a B9004 with the Xcarlink and Iphone4S.

Setup. With the radio out, I drilled a hole in the top left hand corner of the cubby hole infront of the gear lever. In a previous life this was probably the pull out ash tray. I pulled the iphone lead out out through this and initially stood the phone upright in the cupholder. I then stuck the carlink to the top of the cubby hole and replaced the radio.

Operation. Playing with the setup, it appears that if you just connect the phone and then switch on the radio and double click the CD button, the radio plays the phone from where ever it left off and you can just track up or down on the wheel. I have not yet worked out where it jumps to.

However, if you turn the phone on and select music before the radio is switched on, the music selection on the phone stays valid and you can choose music at will using the music icons on the phone. As normal, after a few moments the phone screen switches off and goes blank. If you then scroll up or down on the wheel it comes back on showing the album and song title being played. You can also just touch the phone screen and it comes back on line and you can then scroll through your albums and choose a new song.

Obviously any responsible driver would not do this whilst driving.

Regards

Brian

thanks brian , i am going to my local toyota garage in next few days with another problem i have [ whirling noise when moving ] but will have a word about your post with the garage