Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Verso - Bits To Fit

cugsy

Bit of a vague title but lemme explain. I bought a 1.3 99 toyota yaris verso - mostly because it was a japanese automatic and hopefully cheaper to run than a 2.3 petrol Galaxy....actually it is. 38mpg rather than 25mpg. Anyway - I'm after rear parcel shelf. Does the yaris one fit? does it have to be a 99 or will any fit? I also want a towbar fitting with single electrics. Has anyone done it? How hard is it and is it a pro job? Do the electrics need splicing in or is there a module or similar to fit into?

One last thing. Theres a lot of rattling from the rear - the upper brake light is loose and taping the rear window. Drives you potty. Any cures or a way of taking it off to fix it? Cheers all John

One last thing. Theres a lot of rattling from the rear - the upper brake light is loose and taping the rear window. Drives you potty. Any cures or a way of taking it off to fix it?

Motor accessory shops sell glues fro attaching mirrors to glass. Try them. (you also need to clean both surfaces very carefully..- see the glue instructions...

I meant to say tapping. Every bump is a rattle - there's a gap of about 2 mm and its bouncing off the window. I'll find some foam.. What about the tow bar guys?

• 3 weeks later...

When I needed a parcel shelf for the Verso I managed to find one on eBay.

The standard Yaris shelf is no good. The one for the Verso is wider and has 2 telescopic poles which clip in on either side of the cargo bay on which the shelf clips.

Look in your car manual to see pictures of how this works. If you get one it will pay to attach some rubber/foam strips to the shelf where it touches the metal ploes or it will rattle.

As for the tailgate light. I had the same trouble when I first got mine. I took off the plastic holder and put some rubber strip behind it befire re-attaching. It worked a treat.

Cheers,

James.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links